x

can I create two stores?

Is there a way for me to create two stores? I have one created already but they are two totally different things.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Hey @Arlenna, this is a great question! 

If they are two completely separate businesses I would recomend creating a second account with a different email address. Currently only one email address can be connected to a Square Account at a time. 

If the businesses are similar and share the same EIN, I would recomend creating a second location. You can create a second location from the Square Dashboard. To get started head to the Account & Settings tab. From here you will see a sub tab labeled Locations. After clicking on it you will have the option to create a second location in the top right corner. Once you create a location, you will not be able to delete it. You can only mark it as inactive. 

If you still have questions on how to setup either one, please let me know. I would be happy to help. 😀

Message 2 of 4

hey chad, i want to create a second location but exclusively for online. however, when I export the list items, and make changes, it makes them for both locations. How do I make the second location online only?

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi @fruitkurr,

Thanks for writing back in to the community 👋

You can definitely create two locations, and set up only one of them for your Square Online store. You can adjust item availability, or stock levels from the item level directly. From my testing, it doesn't look like this can be edited via importing/ exporting the item list, but rather via the Item section of your Dashboard directly.

1. Head to Items > select an item that's available at both your locations. 

2. Select > Adjust Inventory.

3. Select which location you'd like to adjust stock levels for and select Done to save your changes. 

This help article also goes into more detail on managing multiple websites/ locations with Square Online. It would be great if you could let us know a bit more about how you'd ideally like to set this up so we can give you some more tailored advice on how to set this up best. Looking forward to hearing back from you 🙂

Message 4 of 4