x

can you load Square app on apple watch 7?

I'd like to view sales reports on my watch, but the watch doesn't recognize that I have the Square app on my iPhone. Does Square have this functionality?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Super Seller

@SublimeFrench At this time there is no Apple Watch reporting functionality.  If you want to submit a Feature Request to Square, you can do that here.  Just be specific about your reporting needs (today’s sales, etc)

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!
Message 2 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hi @SublimeFrench  - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋

Square is not compatible with Apple Watch. You can view compatibility with Square by device here.

This feature request is likely something we would not implement because there is a lot of information in sales reports and it would be very difficult to read on an Apple Watch screen, considering its size 🔍

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 7
Super Seller

@_Violet That all makes sense, but I have a follow-up question.  Given that the Dashboard App now supports widgets on iPhones and iPads, and that widgets are by their very nature limited in what they display, is there any chance that these Dashboard widgets might become the basis for Apple Watch widgets that could open up Dashboard on iPhone/iPad if we wanted to drill down?  I could see it being a useful thing to see the same widgets on an Apple Watch.

Just a thought.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!
Message 4 of 7

@TheRealChipA I would have to reach out to our Product Team to get a sure answer on that. At the moment, none of our tools or functions are compatible with Apple Watch. 

To check reports on-the-go, the most practical option would be our mobile app on a phone or tablet. Again, there is just a lot of info in our reporting tools to cram into a resolution size to fit the Apple Watch Screen. Because Square is used as a point of sale, our applications are built to be used on a device where you would be accepting your payments.

Violet
Message 5 of 7
Super Seller

@_Violet Obviously I wasn’t explaining myself well.  And I shouldn’t continue to hijack this thread.  LOL.  So, I just submitted this to the Ideate board for consideration.

Chip

Website
Facebook
Message 6 of 7

@TheRealChipA I understand what you are asking. The photo you shared on the Ideate Post gives more context to the request.

If all you were wanting to see on the Apple Watch is the total number of sales, like in the widget you shared, maybe that would be something we'd consider but we would still need to establish compatibility with Apple Watch first.

Violet
Message 7 of 7