x

how do you delete a purchase order?

i made a duplicate purchase order and recieved both of them. is it possible to delete one?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Alumni

Hi @JuliC - You can cancel a purchase order by:

1. Logging into Purchase Orders > click the three horizontal dots next to the purchase order you’d like to cancel.
  2. Clicking Cancel Order.

Note: After a purchase order has been cancelled, it will be moved into the Archived Orders section.

Let us know if this helps!

Message 2 of 15

@katieand You can't Cancel the PO once they're received. Is there a way I can delete POs that are received. I created two test POs and need to delete them. Thanks!

Message 3 of 15

Sorry about the confusion @bkb2018! Once a purchase order is received you won't be able to cancel or delete it.

Katie's instructions above are for pending purchase orders. 

I'll make sure to share your request with our Square for Retail Team around being able to delete purchase orders that have been received. 

Message 4 of 15

hi @Chad is this feature available yet, after 4 years? i also have test orders that have already been received, and need to be deleted. it's pretty normal for inventory tools to let you re-receive something, due to receiving errors, counting mistakes, etc. 

Message 5 of 15
Square Community Moderator

At this time, purchase orders can still only be cancelled, not deleted @yunhaishop

If these orders have already been received or were practice orders, you can still cancel them. 

I understand your frustration about not having an update on this feature request. A number of factors are considered when feature requests are developed, such as other features currently being developed, cost, and how many sellers have requested the feature, just to name a few. We'll surface this with our team again and will update this thread if there are any news here. 

Message 6 of 15

Hi @Arie thanks for circling back and resurfacing this to the team. Really appreciate it!

How do I cancel an order that has already been received, as you've mentioned in the post?

Message 7 of 15

Of course, @yunhaishop! Here's how:

1. In your Dashboard, head to Inventory Management > Purchase Orders

2. Find the purchase order you'd like to cancel and select the three ellipses "..."

3. Select Cancel Order

If you have any draft purchase orders, you can delete them by selecting the three ellipses and selecting delete:

Please note only drafts can be deleted, purchase orders that have been sent can only be cancelled.

Please let us know how you go!

Message 8 of 15

Hi @Arie ,

Thanks for this but I don't see those options. 

Here's a screenshot of what I see. I am also the admin user.

Message 9 of 15

I see, this order has already been received, so while it can't be deleted or cancelled, it can still be edited @yunhaishop. Click on the order to get to the order details page. Next, click Edit Order.

From there, you can adjust the order that has been received already. 

Message 10 of 15

This @Arie for the quick response. Got it, it'll be great if I can un-receive the goods and then cancel/remove the order. I'm sure you can see lots of different benefits of having that capability. If you can reflect that to the team, that'd be great. 

Message 11 of 15

I agree, it would be a lot more straightforward if orders could be cancelled at any stage e.g drafted, sent, or received @yunhaishop! We'll be sure to share an announcement if there is any movement here. 

Message 12 of 15

Hi -- just wanted to push this to the top of the Development queue again. Mistakes inevitably happen with receiving and not being able to void a PO that was received twice is highly impractical and inconvenient. If it was a lengthy PO that was re-received then each of those individual items will have to have their stock corrected. You can see how this could be very time consuming. Could you please let your developers know that this is a priority? Many thanks!

Message 13 of 15

Thank you for highlighting this feature request and adding your use case to this thread @Unionmarketrva. We'll continue to pass this onto our product team. I can definitely see how useful this would be, but don't have a roadmap on when this might become available at the moment. 

Message 14 of 15

Hi, is deleting a purchase order that has already been received in the works yet? If not can we please get it added?

Message 15 of 15