x

my sku's are printing too thick

I am printing labels Square to my Dymo labelwriter 450 from Fire fox.  It was all working great until about a week ago, now it is printing the sku's too thick and it will not scan.  Help!!  I do not know what changed

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

Hello @lilbitranchy7 thanks for your post. In order to help troubleshoot with you, can you verify...are you printing skus that you have printed before? or are these new? I'm asking because sometimes if a sku number is too long (i.e. too may characters) then the reader may not be able to pick it up on a scan. The only other things I can think to check is:

• are you using the same label stock as before?
  • any chance the label is printing "twice"? Something may be wrong with the printer itself, and if the barcode prints on top of itself multiple times, it could create a "thicker" barcode that won't read
  • Has Firefox been updated perhaps? Can you try another browser and see if you get another result?
  • Are you able to scan other barcodes that have been printed either previously, or preprinted barcodes on packages? This would determine if it is a barcode scanner hardware issue, or again an update to the driver or software for the barcode reader.

I wish I could offer a definitive solution for you. I hope you'll be able to resolve this problem. Maybe another seller will be able to offer another suggestion.

Message 2 of 3

Thank you Charlie for you input..... I was printing them great, everything was scanning then about a week ago they started printing fat sku's...nothing had changed on my end.  I did try to print them with Chrome settings window and it worked.  It is a lot more settings that I have to select, but at least I am able to print something that will scan.  So weird that it would just change out of the blue.  I will try to update Fire Fox, maybe that will help.

Message 3 of 3