x

set up all of the square employees , payroll, generated 4digit login but still cannot clock in.help!

we have been using square for a month or so but not as a time keeping device. Now that we signed up for square payroll, set up all tax info and personal info for each employee, and square generated a 4digit log in # for each, when we access the CLOCK IN / OUT option, it will not let anyone clock in! help!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi there. 

What was it exactly that was preventing your employees from clocking in? Were you not seeing the clock in the bottom-right corner of the Square app?

Did you make sure to turn on "Employee Tracking" in the settings of the app? 

Message 2 of 4

I'm having the same issue. Employee tracking is on and a code generated for employee but clock in and out option at bottom of options does not show up and no Clock symbol on main POS.

(I use timecard for another business and am familiar with how it works- not an oversight)

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Hey @nfullmer, sorry to hear you've been encountering trouble with this as well. If I may, were you able to generate the proper device code (different from the employee passcode) and use it to sign in to your tablet?

For more information, have a look at our Support Center: Create Device Codes

If that doesn't clear things up, please let me know at which step in the process things are getting stuck and I'll take another look. 

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 4