x

update invoice with remaining deposit

My invoice total is going up $125 (a travel fee needed to be added). The client already paid a 50% deposit via Square, so there's half remaining. When I edit the invoice to add the $125, it says the deposit still needs to be paid by $62.50 (50% of that). I don't need her to pay that, I just want to add $125 to her REMAINING invoice amount. I only want her to pay one more time, and not have to redo her first payment, so I'm not inconveniencing her. Is there a way to only just the balance remaining on an invoice that already collected a deposit?

for ease: Let's say the invoice was $1,000 and she already paid $500, I want the invoice to now read that she owes $625.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hi! Actually I called and there is a work around. All I needed to do was change the percent paid to a dollar amount. Once I changed that, I was able to change the remaining balance to the amount she had remaining plus the travel fee. 

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hi @RKB and thanks for reaching out in the Community.

What you're looking to do currently isn't possible with Square invoices. Sorry to disappoint with this news. As a workaround, you'd want to create two separate invoices- once the original invoice is paid in full, then another invoice would be created for the remainder that you want to charge.

I know this isn't ideal, so I'll make sure I pass this along to our Product team. But in the mean time if any other questions come up, please let us know.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 4

Best Answer

Hi! Actually I called and there is a work around. All I needed to do was change the percent paid to a dollar amount. Once I changed that, I was able to change the remaining balance to the amount she had remaining plus the travel fee. 

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Amazing @RKB! Glad the team was able to help you. And thanks for sharing the workaround here in case someone else is looking to do the same!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 4 of 4