x

weekly schedule for staff

I have been trying to find the ability to change my staff's hours weekly. For instance on some days they are available and other days they are not depending on the week. How do I change this? It seems to only have set hours that are standard. I can't change my staff's availabilty by the week. Therefore if a customer wants to book with them the following week on a day that they are available that week but that doesn't show availabe the prior week, then the customer can't book an appointment. Why is this like this? It seems so basic to me. Every other appointment scheduling system I used allows me to set my staff's hours based on the week. I really hope this changes or you can tell me that there is a way around this. If not I will have to go back to Booker or Appointy. 

Also what is the deal with the staff login's having access to all of my client's information? I just want them to be able to check their schedules. They don't need to see the information of every client I have ever dealt with since I've been in business. In addition to this you give them the ability to export the client's information so they can have a file of all of my customers. This is crazy! In the hair salon business we work with Independent Contractors. The last thing I need is one of my unhappy contractors from the past having access to my entire client list so they can steal them away. Your team needs to seriously do some research or the needs of different business practices if simple things like blocking access to the client list or even not being able to change schedules hasn't  been considered. 

Please respond to my questions as I need answers and I would like to know when this will be changed because I can't operate like this. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Same issue we have. We posted about this same thing here

Message 2 of 6
Square

@Stacy @GroveandBaker We don't currently have week over week schedule adjustments currently but I can absolutely see how that would be very useful. I will send this post over to our product team, thanks for taking the time to post! 

Spenser was able to speak to the other issue here.

Message 3 of 6

We are having the same issue in our salon. There should be a way to customize staff schedules- in a salon there needs to be flexibility. Someone may work Tuesday this week but not 6 weeks from now and it's very hard for the front desk to book future appointments. Also is there not a way to "check in" or show when a client has "checked out" and paid?  Our other system highlighted appointments with colors acordingly. These really need to be addressed.

Message 4 of 6
Square Community Moderator

@hos This is definitely one of our more popular requests. Keep an eye out for updates and hopefully our Product Team can come up with something in the near future. 

Message 5 of 6

@Stacy Did you ever get a response, or did you end up going with another platform? We have the exact same problem that you're describing and are trying to figure out the best way to get around it.

Message 6 of 6