x

Solution for using Square with Ethernet only (no Wifi).

Hi, 

I'm new to the square. Recently I bought 2 Epson TM-T82II Ethernet/USB printers and I want to connect them via Ethernet. Do I need internet to set up Ethernet for 2 printers? If not, how do I set up Ethernet with a router? We are located in a Shopping Centre and just use free wi-fi. We keep getting IP address (none). Please help. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey @123456,

Thanks for getting in touch.

The way Ethernet/WiFi printers work is that they need to be connected to the WiFi modem/router that your mobile device is using to connect to the internet - the printer communicates with the mobile device via this WiFi network.

If you're using free WiFi in a public space, this probably isn't going to be a viable solution for Ethernet printers and the internet you will be using will be coming from a different WiFi modem/router to the one your printers are connected to. We also generally don't recommend free public WiFi as the most reliable way to take payments, due to the fact that these connections can often be very slow.

Please let me know if you have any questions or feel free to give our team a call on 1800 760 137 to discuss the best setup for your situation.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2