x

Can I deduct taxes from a separate bank account than payroll?

I'd like to have my taxes deducted from a different checking account than my employee's paychecks are taken from. Is this possible?

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @LeviB-

Thanks for taking the time to post in the Seller Community.

Linking another bank account to have employees paychecks or taxes debited from is not possible at this time. It's a feature request that our Square Payroll Product team is aware of. I'll make sure to post any updates on the development of this feature as I receive them. 

Thanks again! 🌟

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

I am switching to Square payroll and was unaware that you can only link one bank account to Square Payroll for payroll debits. As a small real estate business owner, I use multiple bank accounts (for tax purposes) to pay employees who handle operations for several of my different businesses.

It would be beneficial for small businesses that manage more than one location to be able to add multiple bank account for payroll debits - and - be able to designate which employee is paid from each account.

Thank you.

Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

I would like to see that as well. We are considering opening a 2nd location and would want the payroll for that location to come out of that account. 

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @LeviB-

Thanks for taking the time to post in the Seller Community.

Linking another bank account to have employees paychecks or taxes debited from is not possible at this time. It's a feature request that our Square Payroll Product team is aware of. I'll make sure to post any updates on the development of this feature as I receive them. 

Thanks again! 🌟

Message 4 of 4