x

Can we extend the timeout window for account activity?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Invoice Numbering + Website Timeout]

I would imagine that this needs to be passed on to the web development team, as I don't see any way to fix it other than on the back end.

Here's the issue: when creating an invoice via the web dashboard, if I leave it open (without sending it or saving it as a Draft) for long enough that the website times out and forces me to sign back in, if I then go back and try to re-create the same invoice using the same Invoice ID number, it will tell me that that ID number has already been used, even though it really hasn't. So fixing that issue would be appreciated, or maybe an auto-save feature could be implemented where any invoice currently being created is auto-saved as a Draft every x number of minutes/seconds.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Alumni

Hello @

Thank you for posting in the Seller Community. Welcome.

We definitely see how extending the window of time before it signs you out could benefit your experience. Our teams are constantly looking through our seller's feedback to make necessary improvements, and we will be sure to let you know if anything ever changes or if new updates are released. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 7
Alumni

Hello @

Thank you for posting in the Seller Community. Welcome.

We definitely see how extending the window of time before it signs you out could benefit your experience. Our teams are constantly looking through our seller's feedback to make necessary improvements, and we will be sure to let you know if anything ever changes or if new updates are released. 

Alex_
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 3 of 7

My concern is not about the window of time - I don't care about that.

My concern is with the ID numbering, and the system telling me that an ID number has already been used, when in reality it has not.

Message 4 of 7
Alumni

Understood. Can you provide a screenshot of that message you are seeing. Also, what browser are you working on? I'd like to run a few tests on my end. 

Alex_
Message 5 of 7

Capture.JPG

Using Chrome

Message 6 of 7
Alumni

Hi @MNMobileGuy

Thank you for your patience.

I attempted to replicate the same issue you were running across, and after a timeout, I was able to recreate the same invoice I was working on with the same invoice ID.

As a next step, I would contact our Customer Success Team in order to request that they file a ticket with an engineer. Feel free to reach them via email here, or by giving them a call at 1 (855) 700-6000 (Monday-Friday, 6am-6pm PST).

Alex_
Message 7 of 7