x
Super Seller

Duplicate SKU's not allowed

Here are a few SKUs for a few chocolate bars that we sell, from the same company... I'm able to add them to my item library individually, but when I try to consolidate them into 1 single item with multiple variations within the Dashboard I get the message that Duplicate SKUs are not allowed... You can see that there are no duplicates... I've run into this before, and I usually get frustrated and give up trying.

... Any ideas? Is it becuase the first set of digits are the same?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Hi @LocavoreStore, I think I see where you're running into trouble. If you try to use the same SKU on an individual item and as a price point on another "combination" item, you will receive this error. At least currently, this working as intended and each would require a separate SKU.

That's a good example though and I see how using the SKUs this way would make sense. I'll pass along the feedback but let me know if you have any other questions.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square

Best Answer

Hi @LocavoreStore, I think I see where you're running into trouble. If you try to use the same SKU on an individual item and as a price point on another "combination" item, you will receive this error. At least currently, this working as intended and each would require a separate SKU.

That's a good example though and I see how using the SKUs this way would make sense. I'll pass along the feedback but let me know if you have any other questions.

Message 2 of 3
Super Seller

That totally makes sense! Can't believe I didn't realize that's what was happening. By trying to add an item (that already exists) as a variable to a more general item essentially creates 2 products w/ the same barcode. Thanks for clearing that up for me. I'll make sure to remove the originals, then re-add them to a more general item as a variable.

Thanks again!

Message 3 of 3