x
Beta Member

Enhancement Request: Coupons for specific items instead of flat dollar amounts

Hello! We are a brewery that works with a food truck. We take payment for all items, and then pay a percentage of sales back to the food truck. Since they are a separate business, we never comp food -- only beer.

When customers have negative feedback about our business, we like to send them a coupon for their return visit; however, we can only send them a set dollar amount. We'd prefer only to send coupons for beer, since that's the part of our business we actually control. When we send flat dollar coupons, they can use them for anything (including the food from the food truck), so we lose out big on those items.

In the feedback section where we communicate with customers, we would love to see a feature similar to sending campaigns to customers where we can specify which items categories are able to be used for the coupon (i.e. 16 oz beer or growler fill) we send, instead of being limited to a flat dollar amount that may cause us to lose money on our partner's food items.

Thank in advance for your consideration!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hi @amberdarland

Thank you so much for sharing both your thoughts and your specific business needs on this. 

I've seen a few breweries and taprooms that have the same setup as you with the food trucks, so you're probably not alone as far as this type of solution being needed. 

I agree it would be a huge win for sellers to be able to customize coupons that are sent through the feedback feature similar to the Marketing Coupon campaigns. 

I've sent this over to our Receipts & Feedback team, and I'll advocate for this to be prioritized and tracked moving forward. 

If any new information comes along, I'll chime back in with an update. 

Message 2 of 2