x
Beta Member

Feature Request: Text message alerts for customer ordering in-person - Square KDS

Hello,
We love the initiative Square has taken. We currently use FreshKDS, and the features that attracted us the most were the text message alert, order screen. Is that something that is in the works for Square?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Hey @CAFEJUICEUP 🍹

Thanks for leaving this insight! Do you mean a text message for the customer or the seller regarding the order?

Let us know! 

Message 2 of 6
Beta Member

There is a template that we set up in the settings. Once the order is ready and we send it away from the screen the customer receives a text letting you know that the order is ready.

Message 3 of 6
Admin

That will depend on who your online ordering partner is. I know for Square Online, we do send customers text messages once their order is ready (if they choose the text message option rather than email) @CAFEJUICEUP.

Message 4 of 6
Beta Member

Yes, if they order online. But, if they order in store - we don't have a way to do that. 

Message 5 of 6
Alumni

Oh! Okay, I see what you're saying. That's a feature that is not currently available through Square KDS.

I've gone ahead and moved these posts over to their own thread, so that if something changes in the future, we can come back and post an update into this thread. Stay subscribed to receive notifications of new posts added here, @CAFEJUICEUP!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6