x
Beta Member

I'd like to be able to bypass the pin entry when a user with the correct permissions is logged in.

It's great that we have a pin code to access restricted features, however, it slows everything down and is completely in the way when a user who is logged in and actively creating an order to have to put in a pin code every time they want to edit a ticket. I'd like to see a feature where I can turn on and off pin entry for a logged in user at a permission item level. All or nothing is pretty much the only options we have and it sucks for my staff when we are scrambling on a busy night and it's just annoying the rest of the time. 😞

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Hey @bgallaher, thanks for bringing this up.

To be sure I'm on the same page—looking at your Permissions tab, do you have the "Manage All Open Tickets" permission selected for this particular role under Access Shared Point of Sale? In addition, are you set up with an iOS or Android device?

I think I see what you mean. I did some testing and I can see how being able to have more control/eliminate some steps would be helpful in a fast-paced setting. While I don't have a workaround for you at this time, I will be sharing your experience with our Point of Sale team—please do feel free to reply with any other information and I'll be sure those details are recorded as well.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

I think you have the idea. I understand why it works that way programmatically, but having an override per permission would give users a more fine-grain control. During peak hours this constant extra step for already logged in users all of which share customers, tickets and tips is a major annoyance and time suck. Yet something really important like opening the cash drawer doesn't make them retype their number because that'd be annoying for every payment, but seriously is more of a risk than editing someone's open ticket. 😉

Message 3 of 3