x

Is the online ordering been fixed?

I own a restaurant and I set up the online ordering as a delivery and pick up option for my retaurant but when there is a order for shipping which meant to be delivery it will not show on the register instently so would you be able to fix the error and also would square be able to lunch the delivery option for restaurant? also for restaurants will need some improvment  for restaurant business when they call for deivery order we need the option to enter the phone number and it will open our history if its returning customer and its already have the information saved like the delivery address and the name for that customer.....

I guess this is a lot to ask for one time but please work on this....

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi there!

The Shipping Orders not appearing in the Order section is actually an intended behavior, as this feature was not quite designed for deliver orders. 

Delivery is still something our Product Team is trying to figure out, so I'll definitely let them know about the request!

Message 2 of 4

I am anxiously awaiting this feature as well.  As I see it, there are two simple options...

1. Modify 'Pickup' to allow for longer delivery time and add an area to add the delivery address.  Even if it was just like the 'Note to Seller' but said 'Address' so the customer knew where to look.
    1. this is how I was doing my delivery for the most part since I liked having the receipt print automatically
  2. Modify 'Shipping' so more of the info prints with the receipt (like the address) from a receipt printer.  Also, add it to the 'orders' screen so there's some sort of notification other than having to stare at the browser dashboard or email.
Message 3 of 4
Square

@jumbreit1 Thanks for taking the time to post! I'll share your feedback with our Product Team and I will share any updates that I receive! 

Message 4 of 4