x

Is there a way to group text message?

I see I am signed up for the program so I can send email coupons but I don't see a way to group text?  I just think more people will read the text?  I like the loyalty program but not sure if I need the $15/MO one

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Alumni

Hey @Bargdill - thanks for the feedback. Since there isn't a way to keep your customer's phone numbers private in a group text message, this probably won't be something on the horizon for Customer Engagement. Still, I hear you that you are looking to get more engagement. I'll be sure to pass this feedback along to our Product Team

Message 2 of 6

Thanks.  I get generic text from straight talk and hyvee wonder how they do that

Message 3 of 6

Did you every find a good app or program to send a text like straight talk does?

Message 4 of 6

So currently I have over 200 people signed up for the loyalty program, but only like 15 reachable via email. How can I filter and see all 200 of them? Also, the only other way to contact them is through phone so this needs to be an option, otherwise why am I having them sign up without a way to market to them afterwards? 

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi @ryan_g 

While Square Loyalty tracks your customers’ stars and rewards by their phone number, you'll still need to collect their email address for use with Square Marketing. 

Turn on the Collect Contacts feature in Square Loyalty and your new customers will receive an SMS message offering an additional amount of stars in exchange for their email address.

Customers who provide their email address are automatically added to the Reachable group in your Customer Directory.

Check out this Support Center article for more steps on how to enable this:

Create a Loyalty Program with Square

Message 6 of 6