x

Video Tutorial? or even a clearly written tutorial...

So many Square customers are going to set up a payment portal on their own websites. There should be dozens of simple Video tutorials for various types of applications, or at least ONE that shows an example of setting up a very simple payment button on a remote website. That said...

I've managed to install the sqpaymentform on my site and get it working, to a point (I'm seeing the sandbox return data). I've create a product item in my Square Dashboard. But, I've been searching endlessly for a tutorial or some clear instructions on how to let my customers click a button to choose that product and instantly pay. There's no options at all, just click and pay. No big shopping cart, no quantities. My goal is to send the necccesary data (amount,USD,SKU) to the payment form when the user clicks the button.

In the meanwhile, Square is useless and extremely time consuming for me. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Hey @GCS, thanks for taking the time to share your experience with this.

Sorry for the frustration. I don't have an answer on hand, but I've surfaced your post with our API Team. We'll circle back as soon as we have more insight.

FYI—in the future feel free to check out Square Connect's Stack Overflow page. It's been a great resource for our developer community, and there's already a ton of questions that have been answered there.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 3
Admin

Update: I was able to touch base with our API Team and I have some more information for you.

We do not have an embed code that you can copy and paste to start taking payments instantly with a payment button at this time, though our API Team is tracking this request.

For now, you may consider using Square Checkout—a great option to streamline your online sales. Square Checkout API is a payment solution that allows you to keep your current solution, but send your customers to a Square page where they can securely input all their card information.

A fee of 2.9% + $0.30 is applied to payments processed through Square's Checkout.

For more information on Square Checkout and all of Square's API options, check out our Developer Doc.

Hope these alternatives help get you where you need to be. Thanks for your patience as we are constantly working to make improvements based on seller feedback.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 3 of 3