x

When will the Australian Dashboard get the Customer Directory option?

When will the Australian Dashboard get the Customer Directory option?

It is very frustrating not being able to add customers or track their transactions.

Also how do I get a report that displays the ticket details i.e. notes

Regards

John Wode

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Square

@WCSR - Welcome to the Seller Community, and kudos on your first post! 👏  As for you question, this is definitely a popular feature request that we hear. While I don't have any sort of timeline to share, I'll definitely pass along the feedback to our product liaison team. I'll also be sure to update this thread if any progress is made with this features availability. 

For your follow up question, we don't have a report exclusively for notes. Having said that, if you export your transactions as a .CSV, you'll see the notes in your spreadsheet. 

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 9

Sean

thank you for you prompt reply.

Unfortunately I have tried all of the transaction exports and none show the Ticket name or note.

Regards

John

Message 3 of 9

Will the custom reports ever become a useful option?

Currently I can not see how I can pick the fields I wish to report on.

Is ther any way I can access the raw data to create custom exports?

Cheers

Message 4 of 9
Square

@WCSR - Hmm. 🤔 If you navigate to the Transactions tab of the Square Dashboard, export the Item Details CSV, column Q would contain any notes entered during a transaction. As for accessing raw data, exporting the Sales Reports as .CSVs is your best bet. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 5 of 9

Sean

Yes there is a column labeled Notes but contains no data.

Message 6 of 9
Square

@WCSR - This indicates that no notes were added to the sale in the Notes field. Would you mind clarifying how you are adding notes to a sale? 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 7 of 9

Sean

On an android phone I select Tickets->New Ticket->enter customer name in the Ticket Name field and the type of service in the note field.->Save then process the charge

Cheers

Message 8 of 9
Square

@WCSR - Awe! This makes more sense, I thought you were making transaction notes when completing the payment during checkout. The details from Open Tickets aren't currently saved within the system, but I'll definitely pass along the feature suggestion to our product liaison team. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 9 of 9