x

Writing checks for business expenses?

The title of this thread has been altered from the original.

Is there any way you guys make a check book so we can make our business payment 

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there, @Mmontoya79 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Happy to have you join us here.

Currently, Square does not offer check availability for payment and record keeping for business expenses. With online based payments increasing in popularity, I would be surprised if this feature was developed by our Product Teams.

Have you considered Square Card? Square Card is a free business debit card that is connected to your Square balance. Take a payment, and the money you earn is reflected in your balance. This would make expense reporting more easily accessible for your business by giving you real time reporting for your expenses.

Either way, I am happy to pass along your feedback to our engineers and Product Teams! Let us know if anything else comes up! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Best Answer

Hi there, @Mmontoya79 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Happy to have you join us here.

Currently, Square does not offer check availability for payment and record keeping for business expenses. With online based payments increasing in popularity, I would be surprised if this feature was developed by our Product Teams.

Have you considered Square Card? Square Card is a free business debit card that is connected to your Square balance. Take a payment, and the money you earn is reflected in your balance. This would make expense reporting more easily accessible for your business by giving you real time reporting for your expenses.

Either way, I am happy to pass along your feedback to our engineers and Product Teams! Let us know if anything else comes up! 

Joe
Message 2 of 5

While I agree that not paying by cheque (i.e. using a bank card instead) seems the more popular and convenient way to pay bills, not all business vendors accept card transactions to settle balances. My monthly employee benefits/dental insurance bill is a perfect example: Delta Dental only allows their invoices to be paid by mail-in cheque or by ACH.

MANY business vendors want cheque or ACH. I am trying to run three businesses solely using the Square platform, but not having this outgoing-ACH feature available makes it impossible for me to remain exclusive to you. The whole point for me of choosing to use Square was to avoid opening yet one more account at a brick & mortar bank.  How is telling Square business owners to go get a chequing account outside of the Square family, then transfer money from Square into that external account, then write a cheque from the external account to pay their vendors a good idea? If you’re going to provide BUSINESS BANKING solutions, then please fully fill the needs of small business owners. 

Providing us with a way to see the routing and account number to the Meta Bank account linked to our Square cards shouldn’t be this hard.  

Message 3 of 5

I absolutely love the checking/savings and debit card options, makes for having to deal with transferring and depositing money back and fourth. I think that is Square added a feature to send checks to suppliers and vendors instead of taking money out of an ATM or transferring to a checking account would be a great feature. Would you use this feature as well? it really would make it simple to keep track then too. 

Message 4 of 5

Hey there, @MMS2016

Welcome back to the Community and thank you for posting! 

This great feedback for adding more options when it comes to checks. I have found a similar thread where sellers brought up this same Feature Request. 

I have added your post, which adds your voice to the request.

Thank you! 

Kassi
Message 5 of 5