x
Beta Member

"Checkout" screen / Favorites should show inventory levels

I'm selling products at a farmer's market, and I have them in coolers behind me. I'd like to use the stock levels feature of Square, but I'm finding it totally useless on the iPad in a live, in-person setting. I suppose it's helpful online, but that's now how I'm using it. For example, when I set a stock level at the start of the day, I can still add as many of each item to the cart as I want, even tho I don't have that many in the cooler.

Also, I want a small number on each icon in my favorites grid that shows me the stock level of each item, so I don't have to go digging through my coolers to see how many I have left vs how many I've sold. Sure, I could keep a piece of paper and write down what I sell, but that kind of defeats the purpose of using a smart device. I'd also want it to prevent me from adding more than the stock I have to the cart, so I don't accidentally sell more than I have.

thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @scwtech

Welcome to the Community. 

This is excellent feedback on using inventory and how you would like it to display for your business. 

Also, it's great insight on the how one of our niche businesses us Square. Appreciating you taking the time to reach out about this. 

I will get this over to our Product Team to process as a Feature Request. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2