x

Adsense revenue has dropped by more than a third since I moved my site to Weebly

If you're thinking of moving your site to Weebly and see this, DON'T.  It's heartbreaking for me really, I used to make a hefty sum from my site each month, enough to make up for only being able to work part time due to chronic illness.  My site was all hand coded HTML and probably looked like it was from the dark ages but it did well enough.  I stupidly decided it would be great to offer an enhanced mobile option and chose to change everything over to Weebly.  I'm now making barely a third - some months barely a sixth - of what I made when my site was 100% my own.  There's something fishy going on with the SEO and the Adsense embeds because the only thing that changed when the revenue dropped was coming over to this.  Of course they can't explain it and of course it's too late to undo it now.  Just sick of it and needed to vent.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

@pageantupdate

What's your site address?

Message 2 of 3

www.pageantupdate.info

There are other things that make me wish I hadn't switched over... like images overwriting previously uploaded images without any warning, elements moving around without me doing anything.  Basically the best Weebly can offer me is "we can't replicate it delete your template and start again".  Aha.

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3