x

Apostrophe in SEO site description

Hello Weebly Community, 

Does anyone knows why it is impossible to use an apostrophe (" ' ") in the SEO site description? 

When I use an apostrophe, it appears as " &#39 " instead of " ' ".

Example:

"Le blog d'information juridique et fiscale des professionnels de santé d'exercice libéral (médecins, chirurgiens dentistes, sages femmes, infirmiers, masseurs kinésithérapeutes, professions paramédicales, etc.)"

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards,

Adrien

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Square

Hey @Altomique! You might see that in the source code of your live site, but it should display fine when sharing to Facbook or in Google search results.  The reason your quotes and apopstrophes look like that is to prevent breaking the HTML code of your live site.

Message 2 of 10

Hello Adam,

Thank you very much for you answer.

Unfortunatly, it appears like this on google and bing also...

cjf-blog.fr - La Clinique Juridique et Fiscale - Accueil

www.cjf-blog.fr

Le blog d'information juridique et fiscale des professionnels de santé d'exercice libéral (médecins,

I only have this issue with the SEO site description. Other SEO features (such as blog articles SEO description) is fine.

I try to change it but when I click on save, the apostrophe is always replaced by "'"

Any tips?

Again, thank you very much for your help.

Message 2 of 10

I have this issue too. Please advise.
Message 2 of 10
Square

Sorry to hear that, @Cornucopia. It looks like our engineers are looking into this, although I don't have an ETA one when they will have that fixed. 

Message 2 of 10

Thanks Adam, are we talking days, months or years?!!

Message 2 of 10

Different issue but still with apostrophes. When linking to external URLs Weebly truncates the address at the apostrophe. Your post made me think to add &#39 in the URL and it stopped truncating - thanks - hope your issues solved soon Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 10
Square

What URL were you entering that included an apostrophe, @Apostrophe? The apostrophe isn't supported as a character in normal URLs.

Message 2 of 10

Message 2 of 10

This is still an issue years later!  When is weebly going to fix this???  My site description should read "The city's best" but it comes out reading "The city&#39s best" in google search results instead.  PLEASE FIX!

Message 10 of 10