x

Blog post SEO description does not match google search results

This is a repost. My resent post was deleted and I don't know why.

Problem: I have set SEO descriptions for my blog posts > www.protechlabs.co.uk/blog , But Google search results are different from what I entered.  This isnt a crawl issue as I know each page on my website has been crawled recenty and all are indexed.

Any help would be appreciated. I tried to report this as a bug through chat but the person I spoke to was adamant that this was not a bug. I disagree. The problem isnt from my end so it has to be some sort of bug or error.

Pictures to show the difference:

imageimage

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Yes, unfortunately, you just have to wait. It may be only a few days to a week. Sorry about that!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Hi, @ProtechLabs.

I suspect that this is a result of Google's cache. As far as I understand it, your info may be cached, despite Google having recently crawled and indexed. If you inspect the page, do you see the correct descriptions inside <head>?

Thanks,

Erin

Weebly Community Manager

Message 2 of 5

Hello Erin.

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Yes I see the correct desciption in the page source. What do you think the soloution is? How do I delete the cache? Is it a case of just waiting longer?

Message 2 of 5

Best Answer

Yes, unfortunately, you just have to wait. It may be only a few days to a week. Sorry about that!

Message 2 of 5

1.  You can see when Google last cached your site, or a specific page, by typing in Google: cache:yoursiteaddress.com

2.  Check your source code. You should have only one description meta tag: 

<meta name="description" content="Preferred description goes here"/>

-- Anne

Message 2 of 5