x

Creating a Multiple searching with Filter

I actually want a multiple search engine with sort filter so users of the website will be able to filter their search.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Hey there! Just to clarify a bit, you're looking to place a search on your site with filtering options? What sort of filters did you want to use?

Message 2 of 6

Hello. I find this a quite necessary function for a website.

For instance we have 100 bars in 20 different areas, 5 on each area (same goes for professions instead of shops).

Through a dropdown list the user should be able to pick the area he wants, click the action button and see a result with these 5 bars in this specific area.

Right now we have a search bar which is difficult to use (users can write different words with the same meaning) thus we need search through fixed options.

I think that this would help lots of your users.

Thank you in advance.

Message 2 of 6
Square

I don't believe this has been posted to our Vote on Features board, so if you have a moment feel free to add this there as a feature suggestion @whybother.

Message 2 of 6

You can create a custom search using google custom search and place it on your site. You can customize its results so it only searches your site or even just certain information on your site. It's free too. Heres a link to custom search engine by google. If you have any questions message me. 

Message 5 of 6

It's not free!
Message 5 of 6