x

Disavow ajax and app on Robots.txt not allowing Ecwid shopping cart products to be index by google

Hello,

Google has index some of my simple pages (about, contact), however my shop page has a Ecwid shopping cart app (weeblly app store) app and the products urls links have ajax _espace_fragment and being blocked by the robots.txt  it seems like there is no way to edit this robots.txt file from looking at other post. Any walk around? I actually losing money after switching to Weebly two months ago due to producst not being index and gropping off google.

I called Weebly support, the tech (very nice and weebly support has been great on other issues) was cluesses to coding related questions and pointed me here. Hoping someone knows a way to edit a  robots.txt file in weebly or a walk around to not disavow ajax.

I don't sell downloads or have uploaded any download or made any page invisible, I have not blocked site from being discovered. Everything is fine at my end, google webmaster showing my page has issues and not being index by google because some items (ajax) in the page are being blocked by robots.txt.

Any help from the experts in the community is appriciated.

John

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Hey there JR3! 

I'm not aware of any particular way to modify the robots.txt file for your site manually. Users here with more experience with the Ecwid app may be able to help you work with it, however.

Message 2 of 4

HI John,

I know this thread is quite old, but probably you're still looking for a solution. 

Google has deprecated the Ajax Indexing _escaped_afragment_ approach and now it should be able to index all the AJAX pages as is. Does Google index your site and store pages now? 

Can you post a link to your site? 

Thanks,

Message 3 of 4

Matt, following up on this conversation with another weebly user....

I have the shopping cart attached to my site but haven't set it up or used it.

Nonethess... the app is blocking indexing to 45 of my pages (YIKES!)...

Can you help?

Error: www.WEBSITE/ajax/api/JsonRPC/Commerce/?Commerce[Checkout::getMiniCart]

Message 3 of 4