x

Do FREE Sites appear in Google Search?

Hi there... I've been working on a portfolio for my 3D Graphics, and since I haven't actually turned a profit yet, I haven't been able to purchase a Starter Plan yet. In order to make the money, I need to attract visitors, and in order to attract visitors, I need people to be able to find my site, however, there is no sign of it no matter what I search in Google. I even made crazy long keywords, or titles, searched them, and got No Results... Is this something I'm doing wrong? Does weebly not allow SEO to work if it's on a free site? Do I have to wait for months to get on the Search Engines? I've already referenced people to the site, and I use it as much as possible. I can't put a blog in a portfolio... That'd just be weird. 

Here a link to the page.

Message 1 of 11
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Hey there @Joey!

Getting ranked higher in Google based on searching certain words can take a while.  Your site is indexed by Google as you can see from this search (with the exception of the pages you blocked from indexing):

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=site:towercg.weebly.com&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Beyond that, you want to have a quality content, relevant SEO descriptions, and quality back links from other sites. It also does take time for it to improve, so you should be looking at this as more of a long term project than something you can see improve in a few days or weeks.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Square

Best Answer

Hey there @Joey!

Getting ranked higher in Google based on searching certain words can take a while.  Your site is indexed by Google as you can see from this search (with the exception of the pages you blocked from indexing):

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=site:towercg.weebly.com&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Beyond that, you want to have a quality content, relevant SEO descriptions, and quality back links from other sites. It also does take time for it to improve, so you should be looking at this as more of a long term project than something you can see improve in a few days or weeks.

Message 2 of 11

Alright then. Thank you Adam. I've seen a lot of contoversy on SEO Tags. Is it better to write long SEO Tags, that are discrptive, and only a few, or a lot of short ones? Thanks.

Message 2 of 11
Square

@Joey wrote:

Alright then. Thank you Adam. I've seen a lot of contoversy on SEO Tags. Is it better to write long SEO Tags, that are discrptive, and only a few, or a lot of short ones? Thanks.

What matters most is that they're relevant to the content of the site. If they seem unrelated Google will view it as trying to game the system.

Message 2 of 11

Joey:

I looked at your site, and seems that you are talented.  You also have a nice site and are offering free stuff.  As Adam said it may take a while for search engines to find you.  Also, currently don't think of your site as a money making machine (it would be nice).  You are young.  Focus on improving your skill set - improve your shading techniques, color balance, camera angles, lighting etc. 

Message 2 of 11

Thank you @bobafett, and no, the store isn't finished on my site, and I don't plan on making loads of money from the store. The site is my Freelancing Portfolio. I've made hundreds of dollars from selling my work and freelancing before, and even won a 3D Printer worth $2000 in a contest, but I believe my potential will double with a good website to showcase my work. I believe there are no limits, and if I make an exception for my age, I've already failed. 
And the site still does draw in professional attention. In fact, I may have a freelance job from a bigshot in LA in a few days, because of this portfolio... To which I am very grateful to weebly Smiley Happy 

Message 2 of 11

Joey:

congratulations on making money.  If you have made money, invest some get a domain name and have a weebly starter plan (all of this may cost less than $100/yr). That will get rid of that footer, improve your professional image by having xyz.com vs zyz.weebly.com and also could give you a little boost in search engines.

Message 2 of 11

Hey Joey,

Boba Fett is 100% correct. If you are trying to establish a professional presence on the web, using a Weebly subdomain and having the Weebly ad in the footer both detract from the professional appearance.

Additionally, using your own domain instead of the Weebly subdomain will increase your SEO and help your site to pull up in search engine rankings quicker.

Traffic to your site is not actually tracked at the site, rather, it is tracked at the domain. Since you do not have your own domain, this means .weebly.com is getting the benefit of your website traffic. Putting the site on your own domain will allow your domain to begin gaining the search engine ranking that comes with the traffic, instead of .weebly.com.
Message 8 of 11

Hey there,

If you search on google to add your website into their search engine, it only takes a couple of minutes and then you can search your website .weebly.com if you don't have your own domain... helped me... hope it helps you!! IT IS ABSOLUTELY ONE HUNDRED PERCENT FREE!

Message 9 of 11

How? do you 'search on google to add your website into their search engine" @Jgcarguy7

and also, I was penalized for my age, and not permitted to get advertising on my blog...?  Smiley Sad

What can I do to allow advertising?  http://the-writerinme.weebly.com/

The Writer in me~

Message 9 of 11

I have several sites on Weebly, for a few I purchased a domain, but others are on the Weebly subdomain. On either sites, I have good SEO results - I frequently also check with Alexa Site Info about my traffic ranking. It just depends on if you used your SEO settings properly. Read up about it here: Weebly SEO – How To Rank Your Weebly Site In Google

Message 11 of 11