x

Domain Masking & Canonical Tag Implementation

I want to add a podcast on my Weebly site. I was thinking of using a blog page to bounce the episodes from Podbean. My questions are:

1. If I mask the domain of my Weebly page with my podcast url from my domain provider, how do I implement the cononical tag in that Weebly (blog) page? I can't put the tags on that specific blog page because all the entries' url will reflect the url in the cannonical tag. Is that accurate/correct?
  2. Is this the best way of going about it, or would it be much better if I just forward the podcast url to my Weebly page without masking?
  3. OR would it be better to just forward mask and leave it at that and let the search engines decide which on is the canonical page?

Any advice would be appreciated. I'm boggled as to how to implement this. I want my website and my podcast on the same site.

@Adam maybe you have any ideas?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square

I would think option 2 would be the way to go, but let's see what Adam thinks. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 6

That is what my gut tells me, but I'd prefer to defer to expert opinions. So let's see what Adam thinks.

Message 2 of 6
Square

Adam is like the Community King! Smiley Very Happy It's his weekend, but I'll leave him a message asking him to take a peak at this thread when he can!

Message 2 of 6

I guess Adam didn't think anything.
Message 2 of 6
Square

Looks like I never found this! Smiley Happy

I think option two is better, because forwarding with masking can cause other issues with a site (mobile navigation may not work, etc).

Message 2 of 6