x

Google Analytics showing weird page

Google Analytics is showing  /?lipi=urn:liSmiley Tongueage:d_flagship3_feed;Jk3F3f+lQtCGm+3SKr8Rew== as an entry page to my website at www.linehanphotography.com.  The site is still a work in progress, but I have no idea what this is or why it's showing up in my stats.  When you put the whole link together as http://www.linehanphotography.com/?lipi=urn:liSmiley Tongueage:d_flagship3_feed;Jk3F3f+lQtCGm+3SKr8Rew== it brings you to my home page.  I've had a couple of instances of it showing up now.  Anyone know what this is?

Thanks!

Clark

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

That's definitely a possible cause of it. I don't think it's anything on your site actually doing it, and probably not your link from the old site.

Query strings like that could also be getting added by some kind of browser extension or plugin someone is using. All our stats know is that someone requested that particular "page" or URL of your site.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square

I'm not too familiar with this happening, but I wonder if the Google Analytics community page has an answer for you. https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-Analytics/ct-p/analytics_category 

Message 2 of 6

Thanks for the suggestion to check with Google Analytics.  Happened 3 more times today so it's not a one-time thing.

Clark

Message 2 of 6
Square

Is your site linked from somewhere else online, @CLinehan23? I'm wondering if where it is it's linked from appends that as some kind of tracking that it uses, but Google is picking it up as part of the URL being requested.

Message 2 of 6

I've checked a couple of Analytics fora and while it seems to be a common question I have yet to see a definitive answer.  The one answer I saw, which I totally don't understand, is it's people using some sort of parameters to view my site with.  Yes, the new site is linked from my old site, but those referrals show clearly and are far fewer than the number of page views with the weird stuff on the end, so that definitely doesn't account for them.

Clark

Message 2 of 6
Square

Best Answer

That's definitely a possible cause of it. I don't think it's anything on your site actually doing it, and probably not your link from the old site.

Query strings like that could also be getting added by some kind of browser extension or plugin someone is using. All our stats know is that someone requested that particular "page" or URL of your site.

Message 2 of 6