x

Google Webmaster index coverage

Hi

In Google Webmaster tools, information states that I have over 1000 pages with redirect and that their status is 'excluded'.

Are these excluded from Google searches? If so, what can I do about this?

Thanks in advance.

Andrew

www.saturdaygalleryart.com

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square

Do you have an example of a page that is excluded, @Andrew1? It might help to know what pages Google thinks are being redirected.

Message 2 of 7

Message 2 of 7

Okay - I've looked at this more closely. In Google's old Search console I have 1436 pages submitted and and 1135 indexed.

In the new Search console (beta) I have 8 valid pages and over 1000 excluded. Maybe it's just a new console thing - maybe I'm just befuddled by the whole SEO thing. I run an online gallery and would welcome any advice anyone can give. I make a page for a print I offer for sale.

SEO page title

Miss Phillips in Miranda from Shakespeare's Tempest, 1785 Engraving For Sale

SEO Description

18th century engraving for sale. Mounted, ready for framing. Free delivery on all UK orders. Miss Phillips in Miranda from Shakespeare's Tempest, 1785

Product permalink

engraving-print-for-sale-miranda-miss-phillips-tempest-shakespeare

Does this look right or am I doing something wrong?

Many thanks

Message 2 of 7
Square

That all looks totally fine to me. I'm inclined to trust the tried-and-true existing tool rather than their newer console. It's possible it's a bug, but it's also possible that it's simply trying to present the same info in a different way that doesn't make as much sense, e.g. the same pages are all indexed and same links are not being followed, but it's telling you that differently now.

Message 2 of 7

Thanks, Adam. I'll monitor as it goes forward.

Message 2 of 7
Square

Thanks! I haven't used the new console much myself with any sites I manage, so I'm curious to see how it evolves.

Message 2 of 7