x

HTTP compression with gzip is not enabled? I get to see in SEO report..

HTTP compression with gzip is not enabled.

what does that mean , and can i resolve it?

Thx

Lieven

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Hello Lieven! Where are you seeing this message?

Message 2 of 16

Hi 

Google Analytics recommends to reduce Java Script and compress gzip-Format.

Could you please help me to imporve the speed of my site?

Many Thanks!

Message 2 of 16
Square

Unfortunately, there wouldn't be a way to do that yourself for your site. We're looking into ways from our end to improve that for people, although I wouldn't worry too much about it right now. Unless you have a large amount of content on a particular page, your site should load nice and quickly for people.

Message 2 of 16

Come on Adam... we want Gzip compression not the normal Weebly song and dance around your answer. "Oh, you want __x___ well you don't really need __x__ just do __y_asinine workaround you didn't want to do until we get around to fixing ___x___".  

Let's get the devs and others on it already. Can't be that hard to enable on your NGIX webservers. I can send you a link if you need it... lol 

Message 2 of 16

Has this been resolved yet? Its a major factor for Google for SEO. Pretty familar with the ranking signals, and this is one of the important ones that they are rating. 

Message 2 of 16
Square

We're still working on this, although I'm not sure when those changes will be ready to launch.

Message 2 of 16

Thank you for replying to this and pushing it forward
This simple option would benefit to all of us to improve our Google Insights page speed ranking...

Google  website-optimization-support set an appointment with me, and the only 2 Essential (Basics) improvement were to enable GZip and Browser Caching ! Very High Impact Recommendations that are Easy to Fix :

Message 2 of 16

Are we able to enable gzip compression now?

Message 2 of 16
Square

We don't yet have that as an option, @Fenny-H. Sorry!

Message 2 of 16

Hello Adam.

Can you please give us a time frame when weebly intends to address the speed issues that effect page ranking on google search (i.e gzip, AMP, etc.)?

Thanks.

Message 2 of 16

Is this currently in development? I do not want to transfer!  I think its ridiculous that Weebly can not offer us something that effects our ability to improve our google ranks!

Please offer a timeline when we can expect these new applications.

Thanks

Message 2 of 16

True, right? 

Message 2 of 16

I have been having the hardest time with this and I've noticed your comments on a few other posts from people having the same problem. My question is: if it's so difficult and so many of us are having this issue, why not resolve it instead of telling everyone not to worry about it. I'm getting paid to do this, to increase SEO to increase Google Ad Rank (my ads are not showing right now because of this) so I'm worried about it. This is my livelihood, and Weebly needs to either fix it or hire competent people to respond to these forums so that I don't get so fired up about it. Watch me walk my happy butt to Wix. 

Message 2 of 16
Beta Member

Greetings,

Has the Gzip issue been resolved yet? 

Message 2 of 16
Square

I'm sorry to say I don't know of any updates yet. 

Message 2 of 16