x

How to add a nofollow tag to links in a blog article?

Hi there,

It seems there is no way to add a nofollow tag to links on a Weebly website. Specifically I am trying to get them into a blog and after reaching out to support they could not help me. Does anyone know how you can do this-- if I could access the html of the blog article itself I should be able to do it but I cannot find where the article text html is.

About Nofollow-- https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/96569?hl=en

Thank you.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square

There wouldn't be a way to do that unless you hand code your link in an embed code element. For example, something like this would look like a normal text element, but the link within it has nofollow:

<div class="paragraph">
  This is the text and here is a <a href="//somewebsite.com" alt="Some Website" rel="nofollow">link</a> within the text.
</div>

You could add a meta tag to the blog's Header Code field, although this code would make it apply to every link on a blog page (including navigation links and links in the side bar:

<meta name="robots" content="nofollow" />
Message 2 of 7

Use Embed Code option to write post in HTML.

Go to post editor in weebly.

Click on the Embed Code option

To create a link in HTML here is how you do it:

<a href="add linking website here">Text that your user will see</a>

To add a nofollow attribute in your link, you can simply add this code rel="nofollow. Here is an example:

<a href="http: ......." rel="nofollow">Example of a nofollow link</a>

Cheers, Alex Bitman

Message 2 of 7

Have you found a way to do this? 

Message 4 of 7
Square

Hi there. It looks like there's a couple suggestions on this thread. 

Message 4 of 7

This is extremely time consuming, I think wordpress sites have the option of a plug in to make links no follow just by checking a button. Can this be added in Weebly? 

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 7

I can't believe it's 2022 and Google has been quite clear about no-follow tags and Weebly still has not provided a simple way to do this. I was recommending Weebly to my clients, but that's going to end. This is a deal breaker.

Message 4 of 7