x

Improve page load speed per Google

Besides optimizing images, Google recommends doing the following to make my Weebly site load faster (blockbeta.com):

• Enable compression
  • Eliminate render-blocking JavaScript and CSS in above-the-fold content
  • Leverage browser caching
  • Minify JavaScript Minify CSS

What does Weebly allow us to do to improve these things? Or are the already built into Weebly somewhere? Or is it a matter of going into CSS on our own?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Square

You won't be able to do most of that yourself, @Blockbeta, although the speed improvements from doing these are just suggestions and not high-impact.

You can minify some of the CSS if you want to customize your theme, although you should only do this if you're really familiar with CSS and minifying it.  If you go to the Themes tab and click on Edit HTML / CSS you'll find main-style.css, which has all of the CSS that you have access to.

Message 2 of 10

I've found that since I upgraded my site to a Weebly responsive template that my site, according to Google Analytics, is loading significantly slower. If these don't impact it, what does? Any ideas why I'm having this problem? Any fixes?

Message 2 of 10
Square

Responsive themes usually load a little slower because they have extra code to make the site responsive.  Which site in your account are you seeing this with? Sometimes you can improve things by moving content around from one page to another, so there isn't a large amount of content on the homepage of your site.

Message 2 of 10

blockbeta.com
Message 2 of 10

Hmmm.... I'm not seeing that file.  Where exactly is it in the theme?

Message 2 of 10
Square

In your theme it might be called main.less, @SlymShady.

Message 2 of 10

Can I pay someone to do this on my site? 

Message 2 of 10

Can I pay someone to do this on my site? 

• Enable compression
  • Eliminate render-blocking JavaScript and CSS in above-the-fold content
  • Leverage browser caching
  • Minify JavaScript Minify CSS

john@mytopagent.co.nz 

Message 2 of 10

What about this in 2021 ? With the new google update ??? 

Message 2 of 10