x

Logo - Alt Text

Is there a way to add "alt-text" to the logo on the page. I know it's not a massive deal, but its irritating me that its the only "picture" I can't add an alt to?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 10
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Not with our standard logo options, though you could do it by customizing your theme.  The top of each page type of a theme will have {logo} in navigation or header, which uses whatever you enter in the editor for your logo.  Replacing that with your own link and image with alt tags would get you what you're looking for.

I'd recommend taking a look at our developer documentation on our themes if you're interested in modifying themes, with the caveat that we don't support custom theme changes:

https://dev.weebly.com/get-started-with-themes.html

Good luck and have fun!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Square

Best Answer

Not with our standard logo options, though you could do it by customizing your theme.  The top of each page type of a theme will have {logo} in navigation or header, which uses whatever you enter in the editor for your logo.  Replacing that with your own link and image with alt tags would get you what you're looking for.

I'd recommend taking a look at our developer documentation on our themes if you're interested in modifying themes, with the caveat that we don't support custom theme changes:

https://dev.weebly.com/get-started-with-themes.html

Good luck and have fun!

Message 2 of 10

Adam, thank you for the reply. I've been trying to figure this out. I am basically proficient in editing the html/css, so all my themes are really my own with someone else's base. But since the websites I build are heavily used by those using screen reading software, I came upon a problem trying to add alt text to the logo images. It's kind of a pain to not be able to do that, so I was advised by another (wonderful) Weebly employee to add it as a feature request. There are many reasons to add alt text to your images, chief amongst them being for accessibility purposes. Since I know how to edit that html, I will do exactly that. Thank you!

Message 3 of 10

Any chance of a step by step to doing this?

Message 4 of 10

Please explain step by step how to do this alt text  - logo coding.

Message 4 of 10
Square

@henk wrote:

Please explain step by step how to do this alt text  - logo coding.

We can't provide direct theme customization advice like this ourselves, though maybe some of our other Community members could write up something.

Message 4 of 10

You shouldn't have to risk your site breaking in the future (b/c customizations aren't supported during updates) just to add an alt attribute to the logo image. This deficiency shows up in every site audit score and it sucks. Please fix it!

Message 4 of 10

Agreed! Am also frustrated by this.

Message 4 of 10

For me, when I hover over the logo it lets me choose text or logo. Here's what I did to update the alt text:

1. Change from logo to text
  2. Change the text to whatever you want your alt text to be
  3. Publish
  4. Change back to logo
  5. Publish
Message 9 of 10
Square

Thanks for sharing, @cbejensen

Message 9 of 10