x

MY site contains malware?

Hi, please help.

I'm currently getting this message when I try to view my site on Google and when trying to visit the editor weebly page..

The site ahead contains malware

Attackers currently on cdn2.editmysite.com might attempt to install dangerous programs on your computer that steal or delete your information (for example, photos, passwords, messages, and credit cards). Learn more

What can I do?

Thanks

Message 1 of 48
47 REPLIES 47

I have the same problem at:

http://JimJimJimJim.com

Jim

Message 2 of 48

And the same problem trying to post these replies

Message 2 of 48

We all have the same problem, we have sent a support ticket via email and we are waiting for a reply from @Adam 

Message 2 of 48

It seems that Google has blacklisted and marked ALL Weebly websites as dangerous due to Weebly's editor and you can't even access Weebly on chrome without this dangerous warning.  

The site ahead contains malware

Attackers currently on cdn2.editmysite.com might attempt to install dangerous programs on your computer that steal or delete your information (for example, photos, passwords, messages, and credit cards). Learn more

Message 2 of 48

I'm also getting this issue.  Reported to Weebly.  Hope this gets sorted really quickly as it looks really bad as a business.

Message 2 of 48

Much as I loathe google it's the most used search engine in the world. If this issue cannot be resolved fast a lot of weebly users will have to transfer their sites to other editors like Wix to avoid losing customers

Message 2 of 48

I think the most telling thing is the notice from google that states under the 'details' of the dangerous warning, 

Google Safe Browsing recently detected malware on www.yoursiteonweebly

Websites that are normally safe are sometimes infected with malware.

The malicious content comes from cdn2.editmysite.com, A KNOWN MALWARE DISTRIBUTOR

Message 2 of 48

I am getting the same problem on tkservices.ie - AND in getting into the support section on weebly itself, as per attached.  This is on PC via Chrome.  Thankfully the mobile version of tkservices.ie is unaffected.  This is SERIOUS!

Help!

Tina KimageMalware message

Message 2 of 48
Square

This should now be resolved. Google confirmed this was a false-positive and removed the block. Sorry for the trouble, everyone!

Message 2 of 48

Hello,

Received today malware report from Google AdWords saying, that my site contains suspicious software or malware and my ad account is suspended.

They sent me this link: cdn2.editmysite.com/js/ saying, that I need to remove this, that this is malware.

Can You please contact Google and clear this matter.

With kind regards,

Al Mare Tervis

Message 2 of 48
Square

We can't actually submit your site for a review ourselves, though you can request this from Google through the Adwords support center:

https://developers.google.com/web/fundamentals/security/hacked/request_review#b_unwanted_software_in...

Message 2 of 48

Not solved for me, @Adam. I got another warning in this morning for tourwise.nl.

Message 2 of 48

We are having the same probem as described by others here.

On Sunday one of our weebly sites www.litterhero.org had malware warnings for certain users.

This morning we received an automated notification "Your Google Ads Account: Ad Disapproved" - for all our adverts pointing to our weebly website. 

Ad Status: Disapproved
Ad Issue(s): Malicious or unwanted software

Within the same ads account we have ads pointing to another site built in dudaone and have no issues with those. The problem are the weebly domains. Have you been hacked? If so, what should we do? 

Message 2 of 48

I just started getting the message that the editing site was blocked by Malwarebytes, due to Trojan.  Please help!

Message 2 of 48
Square

Hi @Georgia1 Our policy team has reached out to them to try to get this resolved. They did say it would be a good idea for you, their customer, to also reach out. They also provided a link to this doc which should help resolve the issue in the meantime: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1049

Message 2 of 48

Is there something specific I could send to my district IT person to prove this was a false positive??

I got the message below today from them in response to my (now week-and-a-half) struggle to be able to edit my weebly site using the school district network. It is really infuriating to not be able to edite my classroom website while at school.

"Unfortunately I have some bad news.  After digging into the issue I was able to determine that the background site you are being redirected to is editmysite.com  This site is being showing as a malware infected site in our webfilter and other malware databases that we use to determine validity.  We will not be able open this site on the District network due to the classification of malware and the security concerns that entails.  You can still continue to edit the webpage from another network but the security concerns are still relevant.  The files that you use for your weebly page are stored in the same locations as the files others are using and those files could be anything, please be cautious and let me know if you have any questions or concerns."

Message 2 of 48
Square

Is that response from your IT department? We use editmysite.com to serve a lot of resources used for the site editor. If there are specific files being served on that which they don't like it would help to let us know to see if we can remove them.

Message 2 of 48

Yes @Adam that is what came back from our district IT. And large school districts aren't terribly responsive. It's much easier for them to just say "no" to a teacher to make the problem go away than actually spend time digging in to how to help. I'm not going to get any more help on their end unless I can show them proof that this was a simple mis-flagging by google

Message 2 of 48
Square

If they could provide whatever it is they have which they think shows they need to block it would help. We could show that a file or site was is removed, but I don't know what to check for.

Message 2 of 48

Hello,

I am receiving the Malwarebytes error.  Does Google need to remove the block.

I am losing business because of this.

Thanks in Advance,

AnnMarie Mahoney

Message 2 of 48