x

Meta description of product pages not showing in Google

I set a meta description for my products in the field "SEO description". However the meta description is not correctly displayed in Google e.g. site:nomadenmoebel.com/store/p19/Fahrradregal.html and site:nomadenmoebel.com/store/p16/Holzschaukelpferd.html. 

I also checked with "Fetch as Google" but can't see an error here. Can you kindly help because this seems to be a Weebly bug.

Thanks,

Andreas

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square

If the product page was already indexed by Google it's probably Google using cached info instead of what you currently have on the page. That should update automatically on its own, although you might be able to take some steps to speed that up:

https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/6065812?hl=en

Message 2 of 4

Report from Makret goo

Google is grabbing a random text from the page to present as a meta description (image attached). However, when I check your page's 'code', it's evident that you have in fact entered a description. 
The reason that MarketGoo (and Google) aren't detecting these meta descriptions is because Weebly automatically formats the description you enter in a way that is great for social sites like Facebook to display information about your page, but Google can't "read" that information and therefore marks the description as missing. I can see that you are definitely not the only Weebly user to be affected by this - it seems that social sites like Facebook will extract the meta description you added in Weebly whenever you link to a post on your site but Google isn't seeing this.

Message 3 of 4
Square

Can you give me an example page that Market Goo thinks is wrong? Did they specify what format the META tag should be using?

Message 3 of 4