x

No thumbnail file for "Image" element

Hello

Running a web analyzer tool I noticed, that weebly does not generate thumbnail files for pictures that are placed using the weebly "Image" element.

Lets say I place such an image element, upload a JPG image with 1100px width, resize the image element in the weebly editor to be of a small size and publish the website: 

> opening the corresponding page shows my image at a small dimension (lets say 150px width)

> the actually downloaded image is of the same resolution as my originally uploaded file (1100px width)

> this inflates the page size which makes the page load slower, on a mobile data plan increases costs and this reduces SEO rankings 

> especially, when there is no lightbox activated, a user may never see that image at its true resolution

> having multiple single images placed on a weebly page makes quite a difference I would say!

The "Gallery" element in comparission generates a thumbnail image file of small size and only loads the large file when the user wants to enlarge that picture. Why is this not also the behaviour for the "Image" element?

Maybe I'm missing something, please elaborate Smiley Happy

Kind regards, Joram

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square

Nice avatar. Smiley Very Happy

When you try to use the Image element are you trying to avoid using the lightbox feature? How many images are you trying to add to one page that you notice the slow loading time?

Message 2 of 2