x

Query Strings

Hello,

How do I remove query strings from static resources?  I found out I have these after using pingdom.

Thank you,

D.A. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Square

I don't think you'll be able to, but I'm not sure what it is you're seeing. Can you provide an example?

Message 2 of 9

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.  First of all, I am not computer tech savvy.  I tested the load speed of my website using Pingdom Speed Test.  All test were good (A's & B's grade) except two:  #1 Leverage Browser Caching (E grade)  #2 Remove Query Strings from Static Resources.(D grade)

I have NO clue about these two except for the brief explaination I read on Google.  Below is a copy/paste of a screen shot from the Query Strings.  If you or anyone else can help me to improve or remove these, I would appreciate it.

Regards,

D.A.

Message 2 of 9
Square

Thanks for the screenshot. Due to how our sites function it wouldn't be possible to change those URLs, although overall they shouldn't be causing any trouble for your SEO.

Message 2 of 9

Adam,

Thank you again.  What about Leverage Browser Caching???  I received an failing E report on this.  Below is a copy/paste of what was posted.  How do I correct this problem.  Remember I'm not computer tech savvy, so make the directions simple.

Regards,

D.A.

The following cacheable resources have a short freshness lifetime. Specify an expiration at least one week in the future for the following resources:

Message 2 of 9

Adam,

Thank you again.  What about Leverage Browser Caching???  I received an failing E report on this.  Below is a copy/paste of what was posted.  How do I correct this problem.  Remember I'm not computer tech savvy, so make the directions simple.

Regards,

D.A.

The following cacheable resources have a short freshness lifetime. Specify an expiration at least one week in the future for the following resources:

Message 2 of 9
Square

That would be something that we would need to do from our end. What was the overall grade on your site? 

Message 2 of 9

Adam,

My overall grade was 87.  You can see all of the good & bad here by entering my website addy, which is http://www.ModelTrainStructures.com    Here is the Pingdom addy:  https://tools.pingdom.com/

I certainly will appreciate you repairing it from your end as well as the 404 error.

The following requests are returning 404/410 responses. Either fix the broken links, or remove the references to the non-existent resources.

Regards,

D.A.

Message 2 of 9
Square

87 is a pretty high score, and should really help your site without those other two recommendations. As for that 404 I would check your custom theme to see if it's linking to that image somewhere. 

Message 2 of 9