x

Robots.txt blocking images

Can anyone tell me why all of a sudden my uploads/images are being blocked? This has never happend before. I can't even generate Twitter Cards or Facebook previews anymore because of this...

https://www.jessicajay.eu/robots.txt

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square

Those settings look normal @jessicajay. When I tried to share your website to Facebook it generated several photos for me to choose from. What is the error you are seeing on your end?

Message 2 of 7

Hi @Bernadette, thank you for replying. The Facebook issue seems to have fixed itself, but Twitter is still an issue, as you can see in the screenshot below. This only started happening yesterday. I have no idea what's going on. It clearly says the robots.txt file is blocking the image and my file indeed says uploads are being disallowed. Please help. 🙂

Message 2 of 7
Square

We should hopefully have an update tomorrow regarding why the uploads folder is being added to the robots.txt file. Sorry for the trouble!

Message 2 of 7

Yes that a really serious issue, i also noticed today, On all weebly websites robots.txt file is blocking /uploads folder,

All images have been blocked from being crawled by search engines 

I was unable to uploaded submit sitemap to google reason being url blocked by robots.txt

Message 2 of 7

Issue has been resolved now

Message 2 of 7
Square

Awesome! Glad to see that!

Message 2 of 7