x

SEO Analyzer and Redirects

I'm using Bing webmaster tools and one link that came up as noncompliant is a link that was from my old website that I redirected to the new Weebly website. Why does this link come up and not the new one? Should I delete all redirects I've created in the Weebly SEO section? image

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

It looks like that's basically telling you that somewhere on your site you're still linking to the old URL. Your 301 redirect is working fine and it's picking it up, but they're recommending you update the link to use the page that the 301 redirect takes you to.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square

Best Answer

It looks like that's basically telling you that somewhere on your site you're still linking to the old URL. Your 301 redirect is working fine and it's picking it up, but they're recommending you update the link to use the page that the 301 redirect takes you to.

Message 2 of 6

I read somewhere that linking to the old link will help your position in Google because the old website link has already been crawled. If I update the link to the new one made in Weebly will it hurt my SEO and Google rank etc. ? Thank you for your help
Message 2 of 6
Square

As long as you've got a 301 redirect it should be fine.

Message 2 of 6

This is what I had in place already. Is this what you are referring to?

Message 2 of 6
Square

Yea, that's the one! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 6