x

SEO: I had to change my SEO site description, but it will not change

Hello,

When I first started my blog I plugged in my SEO site description, and unknowingly misspelled a word. I changed it, but the change simply will not show up when I post my blog site on my FB page. This is very frustrating. Can someone explain to me how I can fix this?

Message 1 of 15
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Hey @river-E!

What site was it that you changed this on? It sounds like we just need to clear Facebook's cache with their debug tool, so if you let me know the site address I can do that for you.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Square

Best Answer

Hey @river-E!

What site was it that you changed this on? It sounds like we just need to clear Facebook's cache with their debug tool, so if you let me know the site address I can do that for you.

Message 2 of 15

Hello Adam,

Perhaps you're right in that it's FB's issue. The Fb website I posted my Weebly blog address to is:   www.facebook.com/RiverEno

You're absolutely correct! I just emailed my blog address to another email and the site description is changed!  Sorry to act so excited, but I've been fussing with this for two hours!  

Thank you for your help! 

Message 2 of 15
Square

Not a problem - glad to help!

Message 2 of 15

Hi:

I'm having the same problem, I caught a spelling mistake and changed it a few hours ago, but when I post the link on FB it still has the mistake on it. 

Ideas on how to change this? 

Message 2 of 15
Square

@IVaicius wrote:

Hi:

I'm having the same problem, I caught a spelling mistake and changed it a few hours ago, but when I post the link on FB it still has the mistake on it. 

Ideas on how to change this? 

What is the URL of the page you're sharing to Facebook, @IVaicius? I'll take a look.

Message 2 of 15

Message 2 of 15
Square

@IVaicius wrote:

www.ingridvaicius.com

Ok, can you try sharing again? I used Facebook's debug tool to scrape new info from your site.

Message 2 of 15

Just saw this forum... I'm having the same issue. But my description hasn't changed on Google either. It wasn't changing on Facebook, and I just Googled my own site to see what came up, and it's still the old description there too. My site is www.taylortalks.net. Thanks!

Message 2 of 15
Square

Facebook's debugger tool shows that it's scraping current info from your site, @TayTayK02:

https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/sharing/?q=taylortalks.net

As for Google, though, they cache information for a while so you'll need to give Google time to re-index your site and update that info.  If you give it some time that should happen automatically.

Message 2 of 15

Hi -

I am having a similar problem. Only Facebook publishes all the months to my blog instead what I wrote in SEO description.

It's quite frustrating as I can't even paste a screenshot to this reply to show you what is published onto my facebook :'-(.  I tried using the facebook scrape tool, but I have not idea how to fix the problem it has identified as I am not a programer. Smiley Sad

When I first started sharing the posts from my blog, what would appear on my wall was the title of the post, and the first couple of lines from the post. Then, all of a sudden, it started putting only the title of the post, and in place of the first couple of sentences from the post, it now displays: August 2016 July 2016 June 2016 May 2016...all the way to the month and year of the first post.

I am linking to the facebook page I am building to go along with the website/blog - just created a couple days ago.  But, what appears on this page is exactly how it is published on my personal blog.  https://www.facebook.com/emptyvesselstoday/

Can you help, please?

Thank you,

Alicia

Message 2 of 15

Hello, I am having the same problem. please helpSmiley Happy

Message 12 of 15
Square

Hi @mw2 

What is the exact problem you are having. Looks like there are a couple different scenarios going on in this thread. Smiley Happy Are you posting from Weebly or on Facebook directly? 

Message 12 of 15

Hi there, when I go to share my link on facebook and messanger my a previuse verson of my description ( home page text) shows up on the link. any way to fix this?

Message 12 of 15
Square

I see. Smiley Happy The Facebook debugger tool usually clears that right up. If you put your domain name in and then click Scrape Again it should update. What is url you are trying to post? 

https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/

Message 12 of 15