x

SEO Keywords not updating

We recently updated the keywords in our SEO settings. I then requested the Webcrawler to Fetch and update the page. The page still has keywords from months ago. How can we get our keywords updated so that the Google Crawler will see them?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Square

Hey @PaintmyFace! Unfortunately, it sometimes takes Google a little while to update search result info. If you've made changes to your site, published those changes, and had Google fetch the page from Webmaster Tools, they should do this on their own if you give it a little longer.

Message 2 of 13

Adam,

The keywords that are currently on there are the ones that we started with 12 months ago, and we updated them about 2 months ago and then again today. Nothing has changed. We will wait a little bit longer, but when I reviewed the results from the fetch within the Google Crawler utility, it still had the old keywords, not the new ones.

Steve

Message 3 of 13

We determined that the Keywords on the SEO 'Settings' page do not impact the Webcrawler, but the keywords linked to the individual pages are what gets 'Fetched'. Once we set the keywords on the first Home page, and requested another 'Fetch' from the webcrawler, the Meta keywords were updated. Apparently the keywords on the 'Settings' page do not get used.

Message 4 of 13
Square

Thanks for following up with what worked, @PaintmyFace.  I'll pass that information on.

Message 5 of 13

Yes, this is true, the key words in setttings doesn't work.

Message 6 of 13

i have the same issue.I have even updated each individual page and updated SEO setting... but still doesnt work.
Mine still shows SEO setting from 2014.....  I have contacted support, bou no answer about this.

Message 6 of 13

Hello s2spg! How recently were the changes published?

Message 6 of 13

Hi,

We have a one page website and SEO keywords and site description will not update.    The site source still has the keyword from when we first created the site and were just playing around with Weebly to see if we wanted to stay with it.

Please advise, this is a problem since you won't let us edit the HTML directly.

Message 6 of 13
Square

What site are you having trouble with, @LocksAndPuzzles? Are you updating your keywords for the page on the pages tab, or in Settings > SEO?

Message 6 of 13

www.locksandpuzzles.com

Updating the keywords from settings SEO 

Thanks

Message 6 of 13

And I just reread the thread and realized I completely missed the SEO section on the page.    That works

Message 6 of 13
Square

@LocksAndPuzzles wrote:

And I just reread the thread and realized I completely missed the SEO section on the page.    That works

No problem, @LocksAndPuzzles. Glad you figured it out!

Message 6 of 13