x

SEO Page Title and Description

Could you please tell me about the "SEO Page Title" and "Page Description" areas of the Product page?  I'm not sure how/when to use this.

Thank you very much!

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

I should add that I know that it is for Search Engine Optimization.  I'm just not sure what I'm suppose to put here.  Am I suppose to put some of the words from the keyword list that I have at "Settings--SEO--Meta Keywords" list?  OR  Is it for other SEO words?

Message 2 of 20

I'd love to tell you about SEO!

SEO Page Title - This is what shows up as the link on a search engine, such as Google. I recommend including the name of your site or business on every Page Title. For example, if you have a candle business, your page title for a particular product might look like this: Candles For All - Forest Dream Candle

Page Description - This is the sentence(s) that shows up under the link on a search engine. I always recommend that this be short and sweet, but also specific to that page. If the page is about your ocean breeze scented candle, say as much, instead of just talking about your candle business in general.

You can learn more about SEO with our webinar, which you can sign up for or view here: https://hc.weebly.com/hc/en-us/articles/201704147-Improve-Your-Search-Ranking

You can also view the help article here: https://hc.weebly.com/hc/en-us/articles/205678298

Please let me know if I can help with anything else!

Enjoy your day,

Erin
Weebly Community Manager

Message 2 of 20

Thank you very much, Erin!  So, for example, for my bookstore, I could put "Name of website.com-Title of Book-Author-Religious books"? Is that too many words?  Should I put all of the  keywords that I think people may type into their browser that may lead them to this particular page?

I completely understand the "Page Description" explanation.  I just have to decide what is best to put thereSmiley Happy

Thank you again.  You are always so helpful!

Message 2 of 20

Hey!

Yes, I think that is too long. I personally would just put "Name of website.com-Title of Book." You can mention the author and the category, which I'm assuming is Religious books, in the description and keywords.

I hope that helps!

Erin

Message 2 of 20

Thank you for that info and for the links.  They are very helpful!

Message 2 of 20

Hello!

I changed the name of my site a while ago, and the favicon, but neither have changed in my tab bar when I open the site.

So I now have a new site title, but in my chrome tab, when I have the website open, it still says the old website title... How do I fix this? Its been about a week now.

Any advice much appreciated!

Thank you!

Message 2 of 20

Hi, there!

I know sometimes there is a caching issue with favicons, and it could be the same with the tab issue you are having. Please try clearing your browser cache, and let me know if you are still having the issue.

http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache

Thanks,

Erin

Weebly Community Manager

Message 2 of 20

I finally just finished watching this webinar.  Justin did an AWESOME job.  He answered SO many questions.  I have several pages of notes. 

Thank you so much!

Message 2 of 20

Yay! That's so good to hear. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Message 2 of 20

Hi Erin and all!

I was going to ask the same question regarding Product Page SEO. So some things I understood, thanks to this thread.

But still have some more questions. 

1. SEO Page Title. Can I copy/paste a part of my product title there? Maybe a short version since it has to be short as Erin said? Or it is not a good idea to repeat the same title?

2. SEO Page Title. Can it be the same for same type of products? For example, I have many decorative pillows. Should I enter DIFFERENT SEO title for each pillow or it can be the same?

3. SEO Description. I understand that it should be a couple of descriptive sentences related to this particular page/product. Question: (probably a stupid one) can it be just keywords separated with comma? I am so bad with descriptions... Smiley Happy

Thank you in advance for reply!

Message 2 of 20

Another question.

SEO Page Title. When I put my site name in the title, do I have to put http://www. ? Do I have to put .com? like juliabarsfineart.com. Or juliabarsfineart would be enought?

Thank you.

Message 2 of 20
Square

@JustImagine wrote:

1. SEO Page Title. Can I copy/paste a part of my product title there? Maybe a short version since it has to be short as Erin said? Or it is not a good idea to repeat the same title?

2. SEO Page Title. Can it be the same for same type of products? For example, I have many decorative pillows. Should I enter DIFFERENT SEO title for each pillow or it can be the same?

3. SEO Description. I understand that it should be a couple of descriptive sentences related to this particular page/product. Question: (probably a stupid one) can it be just keywords separated with comma? I am so bad with descriptions... Smiley Happy

4. SEO Page Title. When I put my site name in the title, do I have to put http://www. ? Do I have to put .com? like juliabarsfineart.com. Or juliabarsfineart would be enought?

Hey @JustImagine!

To answer your questions:

1. It's totally fine to use an abbreviated version of your product title as the SEO page title.  Shorter is usually better, so if you have a long product title this is helpful.

2. Ideally these will be unique in some way.  If you have a bunch of decorative pillow products, try to add an extra word to show that each decorative pillow is unique in some way.

3. You could do that with keywords, although it will show like that in Google search results and might look a little funny to people. If your keywords are "decorative, pillow, embroidered, gold, and stars", for example, you can make a simple sentence from that like "A beautiful decorative pillow embriodered with stars in gold".

4. I probably wouldn't include your URL in the SEO page title of a particular page, since the URL is shown with search results anyway.  It's best to keep it focused on the title of the product.

Message 2 of 20

Adam, thank you!!!

I really appreciate your detailed explanations and examples.

You have my 10 000 kudos in advance Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 20
Square

Glad to help! Robot Very Happy

Message 2 of 20

Hurray for teamwork! I'm glad that we could get your questions answered @JustImagine!

Message 2 of 20

@Adam and @Erin

Hi, one more question about Titles, please.

I am still confused as to what Search Engine sees and reads - the actual product title or SEO title and description?

I tried copy/paste both in Google search and it seems that it finds product title.

My SEO for each product is relatively new, maybe it wasn't crawled yet.

If search engine will only read SEO part, then product titles can be really anything, right? 

Is it worth it to write a descriptive product title and then write a SEO title, which shouldn't be a copy of the product title...

Thank you

Message 2 of 20
Square

@JustImagine wrote:

@Adam and @Erin

Hi, one more question about Titles, please.

I am still confused as to what Search Engine sees and reads - the actual product title or SEO title and description?

I tried copy/paste both in Google search and it seems that it finds product title.

My SEO for each product is relatively new, maybe it wasn't crawled yet.

If search engine will only read SEO part, then product titles can be really anything, right? 

Is it worth it to write a descriptive product title and then write a SEO title, which shouldn't be a copy of the product title...

Thank you

If you enter an SEO title and description it will use that, and if that isn't specified we'll use the product title for it instead.  Google will also just read the contents of the page and generate it's own description without a specified SEO description.

You're right on the money regarding it needing to be crawled again, though.  Once Google re-indexes the page and updates its cache, it'll show your SEO title and description.

Message 2 of 20

@Adam

Thank you!

Message 2 of 20
Square

Glad to help!

Message 2 of 20