x

SEO Post description does not match google search results

Hi, 

I've filled in my SEO title and SEO post description. SEO title is showing fine in the google search, but my meta description is showing as my first paragraph of my article rather than my SEO post description. How can I fix it? 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Square

Can you provide a link to your site? It's also possible Google needs to crawl your site for updates. 

Message 2 of 9

www.gabbski.com

According to my google search console, it has crawled the site... 

Message 2 of 9
Square

This is a blog post, right, @Gabbski? I believe there's a bug our engineers are working on fixing where blog posts are not using what is entered for SEO Description. That only affects blog posts, though.

Message 2 of 9

hello, i have problem with google seo verification, it could not be verified .. help please.

windaplas.weebly.com

Message 2 of 9
Square

What kind of error are you getting, @windaplas? I can see you added a verification meta tag in Settings > SEO. Did you publish after adding that there?

Message 2 of 9

I am also having an issue with my SEO title and description update on google search.  I have published and gone to the google webmaster tools to fetch the data.  please help.  

www.keonilearning.com

Message 2 of 9
Square

It can sometimes take a while for Google to update its cache of your site, unfortunately. If you've already fetched the site again with Webmaster Tools that should hopefully help speed it up, though.

Message 2 of 9

Hi Adam,

I have experienced the same problem described here by Gabbski in 2018, that the given description in the SEO settings does not appear in the Google search engine results. Has a solution been found for this bug in the meanwhile?

Best,

Ruthger

Message 2 of 9