x

SSL Certificate

I got this message when anylizing my SEO. "Although you have an SSL certificate in place, it is invalid because it does not match the domain of your site" How do I fix this problem?

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Hello Buckhorn! What was the domain?

Message 2 of 21

buckhornhomeinspections.com

Message 2 of 21
Square

It sounds like you submitted your site address as "https://www.buckhornhomeinspections.com", which will expect to use an SSL certificate. Since you don't have one, it defaults to ours which won't match your domain name. You've got two options right now: 1, go to the Settings tab and enable SSL for your domain or 2, re-submit your site as "http://www.buckhornhomeinspections.com".

Message 2 of 21

Hi Adam,

I'm having the same problem with bubbaspawn.com. It looks like I received a certificate with my package, but I'm prompted to buy another one when I try to enable SSL. Do I have the wrong IPs in godaddy? They are both set to 199.34.228.78. 

Thanks

Message 2 of 21
Square

It looks like the correct IP address for your site is:199.34.228.75

If you were prompted to pay for the certificate, I'd guess that you had enabled SSL before changing the address of your site to your domain name. That would have configured the free certificate to whatever your site address was at the time; since your can't reconfigure the same certificate for a different address you have to issue a new one.

Message 2 of 21
Square

If you complete the form you see after clicking enable, that should start the configuration process.

Message 2 of 21

Thanks for the response, Adam.

When I complete the form and click, "save," nothing happens. Please advise.

Thanks

Message 2 of 21
Square

If you don't mind posting it here, what information did you enter? I can try it for you from my end.

Message 2 of 21

Bubba's Pawn & Jewelry

US

Georgia

Thanks

Message 2 of 21

False alarm. I finally realized the form needed to be scrolled down. I should be ok now.

Thanks for your help

Message 2 of 21
Square

No problem, @KevinO. Glad to hear it's working for you!

Message 2 of 21

Hi Adam, Can you please help me with mine, same issue? I've emailed Weebly a few times but no response. 

I just disabled and re-enabled my SSL certificate under settings and nothing changed, still getting the same error message that I don't have an SSL certificate - Although you have an SSL certificate in place, it is invalid because it does not match the domain of your site.

treadsandthreads.com.au

Thanks very much,

Kim

Message 2 of 21

Hello Kim! Just checking in, were there any changes made to the site domain?

Message 2 of 21

We applied for our certificate after we had mapped our domain name to our site.
The Host A record for our domain name is set to 199.34.228.70 in GoDaddy.
When we browse via http to our site, the message we get is:

NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID
This server could not prove that it is treadsandthreads.com.au; its security certificate is from www.weebly.com. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection

It’s been like this for several days.
Could you tell us the next steps for us to fix this?

Thanks
Kim

Message 2 of 21
Square

I started a reconfiguration of your SSL certificate, @KimFr, and that seems to have resolved the issue for me in Chrome:

Message 2 of 21

Hi Adam,

It has always been secure at check out. The issue for me is getting the below error message, why am I getting it when I run an SEO report? How do I get it to match? Thanks.

Do you have an SSL certificate?

NO

Although you have an SSL certificate in place, it is invalid because it does not match the domain of your site.

Message 2 of 21

Hi Adam,

Perhaps this illustrates the issue more clearly, please see image below. I need the certificates to match and have been trying to get help to get it fixed. Thanks for your assistance.

Message 2 of 21
Square

You might be seeing that because your SSL certificate is currently only being used on checkout. Try changing that on the Settings tab to be used for your whole site, then re-publishing.

Message 2 of 21

G'day Adam, 

you may well be sick of hearing about this problem!!

......but I'm having it as well.

.....I keep seeing the same statement in my SEO reprt "Although you have an SSL certificate in place, it is invalid because it does not match the domain of your site"

I've tried lots of things to fix it ......but without success.

I'd appreciate any help, Cheers, 

JP Darby

www.wavehypnosis.com.au 

Message 2 of 21

Hello JP! It sounds like you may be seeing something a bit different. Were there any changes to the domain name of your site since it was first published?

Message 2 of 21