x

SSL - Privacy error

Hi,

I have been attempting in the past few days to enable SSL for my weebly site (www.sixwives.com). Although it says the SSL is enabled in my settings, I am still encountering an error - 'Privacy error - Your connection is not private'. Other topics similar to this have suggested that their domains may not be pointing to the correct IP, but I have no idea how to find the 'correct' IP before changing it in the DNS. I was certain in any case that I had entered the right details. Can anyone help me solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

James

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

@jamcakes

You definitely have something wacky in your DNS - your site won't load at all and throws off this error...

Message 2 of 10
Square

Your A-recrods are pointing to the correct IP @jamcakes. However, you have two AAAA-records that are conflicting and causing the error. You just need to delete those and allow for the domain propagation to update. Usually within 24-48 hours. 

Message 2 of 10

Hey,

Thank you for your responses.

I have tried clarifying my A and AAAA records to get rid of any potential conflicts but I am still having the same 'privacy error' problem - could it be anything else?

Message 2 of 10
Square

Once you update the domain a-records you may have to wait 24-48 hours for the domain to propagate. Smiley Happy I just checked everything again and confirmed all of your settings are correct now. Shouldn't be too much longer, but I'll check back in on the site later today. 

Message 2 of 10

Thank you for all of your help. I will watch the site and this space.

Message 2 of 10

Unfortunately, the problem has persisted and I have no idea what else I can do to fix the problem!

Message 2 of 10
Square

It looks like our engineers might need to manually fix your certificate for you, @jamcakes. I've opened a ticket with them to resolve this. Sorry for the trouble!

Message 2 of 10

Thank you Adam. I will be patient and keep checking back over the next few days.

Message 2 of 10

Still nothing as yet. Is there anything else I can do?

Message 2 of 10