x

Site title won’t appear

So when I search my website (NewDesignLogo.com) and see the search results, of course I come up first, but the page title and description is a snippet from my homepage instead of what I typed in Settings>SEO for some reason. I need a title not a snippet, so how do I get it back?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Square

Was your site published for any bit of time before you added those, @Optimus811? It sounds like Google cached info from the site before you added your own SEO title and description.

Message 2 of 15

Yeah i waited for like a day for 2, i know it may take weeks but i need it up and running ASAP

Message 2 of 15

Actually come to think of it, yes. Last week when i published my site, one of the titles on my website read "Why choose NewDesignLogo?" which is now the title of the search result instead of my custom one.

Message 2 of 15
Square

Ok - it definitely sounds like that's what happened. Fortunately, Google should update that again when it recrawls your site. It's hard to say how long that will take, though, since Google doesn't really disclose information like that.

Message 2 of 15

Alright i have recrawled it, but would it work if the domain is masked?

Message 2 of 15
Square

If you're using forwarding with masking, then you'll need to edit the HTML of the page that was set up to facilitate that forwarding, since that's the META data that Google is going to be getting.

Message 2 of 15

alright thanks, i may have to contact google soon, lets hope for the best

Message 2 of 15

So it appears that google index is not the problem, as now when i type in newdesignlogo.com my website appears top on search results, and it is the same snippet from my home page as my description and title..Is their anything else that could be a problem? I highly doubt it is google, maybe you can go into my account and fix it?

Message 2 of 15
Square

Google is showing what you have entered in Settings > SEO in the Weebly editor?

Message 2 of 15

No, it still has the same snippet..Is their anything else that could be a problem? I dont seem to have a <title> tag in the Theme>Edit HTML/CSS header, maybe its because of that?

I doubt google is the problem, last week i did a crawl and nothing really happend, so what else?

Message 2 of 15
Square

When I search for you site on Google and click on the little drop down arrow next to your site name it is showing the information as it appeared on 4/22/18 at 1:19:39GMT.

Did you request for the recrawl since then? This is from Google's help article regarding a recrawl: https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/6065812?hl=en

1. Recrawling is not immediate or guaranteed. It typically takes several days for a successful request to be granted. Also, understand that we can't guarantee that Google will index all your changes, as Google relies on a complex algorithm to update indexed materials.

Message 2 of 15

So does that mean it successfully re-crawled my website on the 22nd? I changed my stuff around a week ago then I did a crawl and I guess that it worked? 

Message 2 of 15
Square

It sounds like it. But did you change the seo information displayed on the search page before you did the recrawl as well? 

Message 2 of 15

Yea i did, i guess it didnt update...

Message 2 of 15