x

Slow Loading Websites

I got a problem with my website. I was having some problems with SEO and did some analyses with Google, Woorank and hired an SEO company. I had two major problems.

1) the website didn't have a declared language. I am able to take care of that, but you would think that with a website builder, that should have a built in 1 click option for that.

2) This is the big one, the opne that will likely cause me to abandon Weebly. My website is loading to slowly. I have a business plan, so I am a paying customer, and my website is loading slowly, to the point that not pnly is it affecting my SEO rank, but even my google adowrds is penalizing me with a bad "landing page experience"

There are a few things that can be causing this, some of it, is the way that the themes were built. The other problem is that it is likely that Weebly is overloading their servers.

With a woprdpress theme, there are programs you can run to optimize the speed. With Weebly those tools aren't available, and some of the code can even be modified (that is what my wife tells me, she is a computer programmer).

This wasn't always a problem, I ran a test on my site abouyt a year ago and all was good. Since then I have upgraded to one of the newer themes, althoug I suspect that the new theme alone is nbot the culprit, and slow overloaded servers are a factor.

Anone else here havong this problem, and any ideas short of switching hosted providers?

Message 1 of 85
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

I seem to recall someone else who had the McAfee app having some trouble with slowness, and removing it made a big difference. I'm sure if you remove that it'll greatly improve things for you.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 85
84 REPLIES 84

@MidwestJoe

Website url?

Message 2 of 85

This is my main website that is extremely slow to load. https://www.chickenheavenonearth.com/ Please help.

Message 2 of 85

Your site is missing a "favicon". I humbly suggest you upload a favicon to your site. That will help with your SEO a wee bit.

I understand your concern with site speed, however.

Message 2 of 85

According to Google Analytics my average page load time is 16.45 seconds!!!  How do I fix this?  LeewardElite.com

Message 2 of 85
Square

Hi there. Your page loaded in about 2 seconds for me. Can you please post a screen shot of the message Google is displaying? I think they usually tell you what they suggest fixing. 

Message 2 of 85
Square

I would also suggest testing a site that is not using a custom theme. It's possible something in the edited code is causing the lag Google is detecting. 

Message 2 of 85
Square

On my home wifi connection your homepage loaded in 2.33 seconds for me, @MidwestJoe. The two parts of the homepage that took the longest to load are the background image (no surprise there, although we're only talking about .3 seconds), and this image:

That looks to be part of the McAfee app, which has other resources it's loading; all of these are loading from an external provider. This might be making it load a little slower for you if it's taking longer get download those for you.

Message 2 of 85

My problem isn't that I think customers won't have patience, it is that I am being severely penalized by google because of the slow load time. I can do without the McCafee APP. But I like the design of my website, it is pretty typical to have a full page image right now.

My wife is a programmer, she told me she has tools to optimize on wordpress, buut not for Weebly. If I can't reslove this, I am going to have to leave Weebly, Google rankings is extremely important for my business.

Message 2 of 85
Square

Best Answer

I seem to recall someone else who had the McAfee app having some trouble with slowness, and removing it made a big difference. I'm sure if you remove that it'll greatly improve things for you.

Message 2 of 85

We also met same problem, our 2 website are loading slow, almost 20 secs.

http://www.hk-cleanmaster.com

http://winglamgarden.com

I think this issue is come from the custom theme, due to I tried to remove a that coding -

@import url(http://baamboo-update.weebly.com/files/theme/serene.css);

the speed is return back normal speed. but the layout have big change.

And also, all the custom theme supplier, those websites are all closed.

Please fix this issue, I think many client have same problem.

Message 11 of 85
Square

I don't think @baamboostudio has closed, and I'm sure they'd be happy to help out with a theme they created.

Message 11 of 85

@kevintam  

The file http://baamboo-update.weebly.com/files/theme/serene.css is placed on Weebly server and it contains only css code so there is no reason it can slow down your site.  

I see you're using a statcounter custom script. 

It can't be loaded and takes a lot of time to load. 

You can try to remove it to see if the site speed is improved or not.  

I also ran a test and saw that all of your site content and the code of the theme needs only 6.49s to load in full but it takes 18.89s to load your full site. 

YouTube video and Google map are two of the main reasons that slow down your site speed. 

You can try to remove them to see if the site speed is improved or not.

Message 11 of 85

Fortunately, all issues have been fixed, and all tablet, desktop and moible able to use after posted this message.

Thanks for someone attented this issue, due to we checked this issue is fixed and go back to normal speed. 

And checked theme of baamboostudio.com and other supplier are also back to normal speed and accessable. 

Anyway, thanks for your comments and fixed.

Message 11 of 85

My website also loads slowly according to Google's Pagerank.  See Nigelyn guest Cottage  The website opens quickly.  The apps load slowly or not at all. e.g. The Sharing app.

Message 11 of 85
Square

Third party content like the sharing app can sometimes slow down the loading of a site, particularly if it's using resources that are hosted somewhere else.

Message 11 of 85

I have the same problem even though I switched to the new themes.

Message 11 of 85
Square

Hi there. It looks like the site is loading quickly for me. You do have a lot of third party embedded content on your home page though. When someone visits your site not only does the content from the Weebly servers have to load but also the content from the third party servers. You can test this out by creating a new page with only Weebly content and checking how quickly it loads for you. 

Message 11 of 85

I have noticed a big drop in visitors to my site africanfabricsaustralia.com so when i ran some tests i see that my page loading  speed score is "poor" only 45% for mobile and 50% for desktop. on the mobile all the issues are  things i have no idea how to do like.  

Eliminate render-blocking JavaScript and CSS in above-the-fold content

Avoid landing page redirects

Leverage browser caching

Enable compression

Minify JavaScript

and

Optimize images... which i have done several times for the images listed to reduce and they are less than 200kb now 

i really need to fix this isssue as i am loosing customers fast.  I only just upgraded to business but if i can't get some of these issues rectified i may as well cut my losses 

please help me someone... anyone or @Adam Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 85
Square

Do you have any third party widgets or apps on your page, @afa? Unfortunately, it isn't possible to take the actions recommended by Google, although those shouldn't result in a slow site.

Message 19 of 85

do you have any recommendations of how i can speed up my page loading speed.  i tried making a page with few photos on it but i don't feel like it has the same impact of a page with lots of gorgeous images my images are 750x 1000 is that too big? all are around the 200kb size.

Message 19 of 85