x

Variances - Weebly Traffic Statistics to Google Analytics/Google Webmaster Tools Data

Hello, I joined Weebly roughly a year ago and immediately saw a notable improvement in the performance of my website and business coming from my website as a result of their SEO tools.  

The one nagging question which I can't seem to figure out is the notable variances in the numbers etc... from the stats page on Weebly to the Traffic data coming from google analytics.  I've setup all the necessary codes for Google Analytics and Bing to link them all - yet Weebly shows more traffic from these these strange referring websites, and Google shows different traffic, however, from my more targeted - expected referral sources.  Even google webmaster tools shows me keyword data, yet the statistics page on Weebly shows nothing.  

Any idea why I would see such notable variances?

Website link is:  www.rhythmexpressdj.net

Thanks in advance - 

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

I can field this one for you. It has to do with how you're filtering data on your google analytics. Weebly has their own code in your site and they have their filters set a certain way. If you're's aren't set the same way, you're data will appear different. Personally, my data always looks like I have a ton less traffic and it's because I've told it not to include my ip so while weebly is always ahead of me.

As far as weebly not showing anything else, it's not going to because it doesn't actually have access to your account. Like I said before, the analytics data they show isn't from your account, they're running their own footer code at the same time as you. Since they never had access to your analytcs account, they won't have access to anything else either. 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Best Answer

I can field this one for you. It has to do with how you're filtering data on your google analytics. Weebly has their own code in your site and they have their filters set a certain way. If you're's aren't set the same way, you're data will appear different. Personally, my data always looks like I have a ton less traffic and it's because I've told it not to include my ip so while weebly is always ahead of me.

As far as weebly not showing anything else, it's not going to because it doesn't actually have access to your account. Like I said before, the analytics data they show isn't from your account, they're running their own footer code at the same time as you. Since they never had access to your analytcs account, they won't have access to anything else either. 

Message 2 of 3

I don't think the answer provided "solved" the original question. The fact of the matter is that Weebly's stats are always way above anything that shows in Analytics; and I believe this was the crux of the question. As it turns out, Weebly and Google count visitors differently (IP vs cookies), and both are pretty bad at giving you very accurate numbers (Weebly over-counts and Google undercounts).

Here's a link to an earlier post on this topic: https://community.weebly.com/t5/App-Center/Accuracy-of-Weebly-Analytics/td-p/2451   

It would be nice if Weebly could refine their reporting a bit so we have a slightly better idea of the actual number of humans who viewed our sites. 

Message 3 of 3