x

Webserver type, CSR needed

Hi 

i Created a website by weebly. its name is www.ojmr.in

i purchased an SSL certificate. Can anyone tell me how and where can i get these three things for activating the SSL on my website.

Webserver type

CSR

(RSA) Private Key

I will be really grateful

Thanks and regards

Gaurav

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Square

Hey @ipigaurav!

The only way to use SSL with a Weebly site is to upgrade the site to Business and enable the option on the Settings tab.  There wouldn't be a way to use the certificate that you bought elsewhere with your site, unfortunately.  Sorry!

Message 2 of 28

Hi Adam,

It's unfortunate indeed that we can't use our SSL certficates, my certificate is unused because of this same reason & since I have a portfolio website I dont need a business plan as starter plan works just fine for me. So does that mean just to take SSL , I have to shell out extra for the services I dont require? 

SSL is a basic requirement and should be provided to all at a resonable cost.

Weebly has been a great platform & I'm happy with the services, but not allowing use of SSL & forcing an upgrade does not go well with Weebly's work ethos. 

I hope Weebly will look into such requests from its users favourably in near future. 

Thanks & regards

Message 2 of 28

Dear Weebly-Team,

I do believe SSL should belong to basic features nowadays. We all should work together to make the internet a more safe and secure place. I do not understand your policy and I am disappointed about your statement.

I hope Weebly will change its policy soon!

- Erik

Message 2 of 28

This is very poor.

I will have to look at moving away from Weebly

Message 2 of 28
Square

We've been rolling out SSL for free to all Weebly sites, so you shouldn't need to purchase any from third party providers once it's been rolled out to your account.

Message 2 of 28

Hello
Its now 8.3.18 it has rolled out yet, do you know when?
Message 2 of 28
Square

Can you try again? I made a change to your account so you should see ENABLE for your sites now.

Message 2 of 28

Hi Adam,

I need to do the same in mine. 

www.lar-do-labrador.pt

Can you help me out please?

Thanks

David

Message 2 of 28
Square

No problem, @the_lightning - you should be able to enable SSL now.

Message 2 of 28

Hi Adam ,

I had purchased SSL certificate for my domain . I need to get CSR generated .(domain is carnivaltourskochi.com)  (I using Pro Plan)

Best Regards

Peter

Message 2 of 28
Square

If you want to use SSL you'll need to go to the Settings tab and click the enable button. This will not use your certificate that you bought, but it will generate a new one on our end and use that with the site. If you see an upgrade button instead of enable let me know.

Message 2 of 28

Adam - when I'm under settings/SSL the only choice is to upgrade. Can you please add enable? 

www.thegreatround.com

thanks - Eleni 

Message 2 of 28
Square

No problem, @eleni. If you refresh you should see an ENABLE button now.

Message 2 of 28

Adam

I have a pro account. I am purchasing SSL from third party website in India. When i press enable on weebly settings bar, it is asking me to upgrade to business. Please help. I need CSR CERTIFICATE OR ANY OTHER WAY THAT I CAN ENABLE SSL.

Message 2 of 28

Hey Adam

I am purchasing SSL Certificate from Comodo. I need CSR certificate for IIS from weebly to enable it. How to enable it?

Message 2 of 28
Square

To enable SSL for your site you should go to the Settings tab and click the ENABLE button. If you see an UPGRADE button let me know and I can fix that for you. It would not be possible to use a third party certificate with your site at this time.

Message 2 of 28

Hi Adam,

I am trying to install the SSL certificate I bought for my Weebly site. I have the "enable function" but I need to know what "server type" the Weebly site if. Can you help please ?

Philippa 

Message 2 of 28
Square

We don't currently support using third party SSL certificates. If you click the ENABLE button, it will generate and install a certificate for you, though. I would do that so that your site uses SSL, then see if you can get a refund for the certificate that you bought.

Message 2 of 28

Hello

I am not yet being offered a free SSL but an upgrade is being suggested instead. Can you help please.

www.ochilcreations.co.uk

Thanks

Tom

Message 2 of 28
Square

Not a problem, @TCC. I've fixed that for your so you should be able to enable SSL now.

Message 2 of 28