x

Weebly blog post to Facebook error

I have a weebly site with a blog. I have been using this blog for months now, connected to my group facebook page of which I am an admin. 

Today I wrote my blog as I would normally, added images and then I posted the blog and shared it to facebook. When I went to check it in my fcebook feed it had not brought in my blog title or image?

Instead it posted the title of my weebly website and then when I clicked it to go through to the blog posted on my website it took me to a '

'Your connection is not private' page

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
Square

Hey @lg!

Which site in your account are you having trouble with? I can make a change from our end which should resolve the problem for any future shares for you.

Message 2 of 33

Is there any further news or updates on this problem????

Message 2 of 33
Square

@lg wrote:

Is there any further news or updates on this problem????

I can make a change from our end to resolve this if you let me know which site you're having trouble with.

Message 2 of 33

Hey i am having the same issue.  My page is www.khemicon.com and i post to my page www.facebook.com/khemicon but i am getting the same era message and something about private

Message 2 of 33
Square

@CodyNorris613 wrote:

Hey i am having the same issue.  My page is www.khemicon.com and i post to my page www.facebook.com/khemicon but i am getting the same era message and something about private

Our engineers are working on resolving what you're seeing.  For now I'd recommend sharing the URL of your page directly at Facebook.  Sorry for the trouble and thanks for your patience!

Message 2 of 33

I am also having this problem on July 28, 2016.  My page is www.thepastoralartist.com and I can't post to https://www.facebook.com/donna.kemper.31

I'm not getting an error message.  It just isn't posting. 

Message 2 of 33
Square

Sorry to hear that, @DMK.  After publishing your site, do you click on the Facebook icon on the publishing popup? Does it change to a blue check mark after you do?

Message 2 of 33

Yes, did the normal routine for posting.  Just wouldn't post on Facebook.  After three tries, I eventually just posted the link on my page, but it makes me wonder if it is publishing to all the suscribers not on FB.  

Message 2 of 33

Message 2 of 33
Square

This issue should be resolved now guys, so feel free to share away!

Message 2 of 33

I am having the same proble right now, the comments go to an error page and also when i click on each individual blog to take the url to market on FB etc it goes right to the error page too. 

My websoite is at www.HomesByChristian.com

Any thoughts on what this could be? 

Message 2 of 33
Square

Did you change the name of your blog page recently, @MrBaileyC?

Message 2 of 33

No change to name, just template.

Message 2 of 33
Square

Hmm... was your blog page previously not your home page?

Message 2 of 33

I am havingthat problem as well when I post to facebook.  Sunsethouseandgarens.com

Message 2 of 33
Square

@sunsethouse wrote:

I am havingthat problem as well when I post to facebook.  Sunsethouseandgarens.com

Are you having trouble with sharing something new to Facebook that you've never shared before, or something you'd already shared in the past?

Message 2 of 33

Hi there,

I have been getting a error when posting my blog entries from weebly to Facebook.   The blog posts don't come up with any image and text only shows the months of the year.   I was told in the past (as I have tried to resolve before with no luck ) that putting the url into the url debugger on FB site could help.   These errors came up

• Inferred Property
    The 'og:image' property should be explicitly provided, even if a value can be inferred from other tags.
  • Inferred Property
    The 'og:url' property should be explicitly provided, even if a value can be inferred from other tags.
  • Inferred Property
    The 'og:title' property should be explicitly provided, even if a value can be inferred from other tags.
  • Inferred Property
    The 'og:description' property should be explicitly provided, even if a value can be inferred from other tags.
  • Inferred Property
    The 'og:image' property should be explicitly provided, even if a value can be inferred from other tags.
  • Share App ID Missing
    The 'fb:app_id' property should be explicitly provided, Specify the app ID so that stories shared to Facebook will be properly attributed to the app. Alternatively, app_id can be set in url when open the share dialog.

Any thoughts on how to resolve?

Cheers
    Richard
Message 2 of 33
Square

What's the URL you're trying to share, @Richyrich33? I'll take a look.

Message 2 of 33

Hi Adam,

Yeah anything out of our blog at http://www.richlandscapes.co.nz/blog

Cheers

Richard

Message 2 of 33
Square

Thanks, Richard.  I checked the most recent blog post and it looks like what FB will show when shared is normal:

I wouldn't worry about the errors/warnings at the top as they shouldn't cause any noticable problems for people sharing or liking the post.

Message 2 of 33